Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any, that is better than microsoft project? (can be free or payed it does not matter ..)

thanks in advance :)

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Wel, I haven't used it personally, but a lot of my IT teachers, who are also IT experts outside of the academy, tell me that Primavera is probably the best professional tool ever invented for project managing purposes. It has specialized products for different industries, and is actively used by many major corporations around the world... its cost is around $6000 IRC... don't take my word for it though

Or you could go overkill and get IBM's Rational Rose (from the designers of the UML model), a total solution that can assist you trough all the phases of the software producion process...

... the complete suite can cost over $10000 AFAIK though.

On the more economical side you might like Gnome Schedule, open Source and free!... and better yet, it's for Linux! :)

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Hence why I listed as a second option instead. But even if the whole suit is intended for UML designed projects, many of its individual tools (requirements definition, design of quality models, and progress following and managing etc.) can be used as an excellend aid, under any model.

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks proto :), I'll try Primavera and Rational Rose...I would try Gnome Schechdule..but the person that needs it works in Windows =p

and Phoenix I'll try pmbok as well

thanks again :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.