Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is looking for a good, relatively cheap 2.1 speaker system. I was wondering if anyone knew of one, preferrably available in Canada. I thought of doing my own research and will do so but I would appreciate any extra help.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
i am using the Logitech Z3s and they are great, especially when you consider they were 50 bucks (and you can probably find them for 30 or 40 now). even if you discount the fact that i am a logitech fanboy, you cant beat the deal on these 2.1s.

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
i got the logitech's too, they seem to make awsome speakers cheap recently :D

frequency response on them is lovely and they come with a pretty powerful sub!

· !!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
If he wants music quality, get some old stereo amplifier with good speakers or closed-headphones. Helluva lot more accurate and natural sound than computer tweeters+subwoofer combination. For sheer gaming enjoyment, Logitechs mentioned above have been almost unbeatable. :)

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
eww, i do not recommend Creative _at all_. out of all the "name brands" they suck, by far, the most. the consensus from myself and everyone i know is that Logitech makes the best computer speakers; i've also had good experiences with Altec Lansing. Sony has good speakers but they are WAY WAY overpriced.

· Registered
135 Posts
No you just need to know what to look for and whare. I use a 5.1 creative system and it cost me about $40 last year with creative its best not to buy thare new stuff which is same with the sound cards too. O btw its the sbs 5.1 560 which suits my needs just fine.

· Registered
378 Posts
using an Altec Lansing (221) 2.1 speaker system thats I've been happy w/ for a couple years now.

· NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Logitech 2.1 for me too, never had any problem with them, sounds good for the price I paid. ( $20 :p )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.