Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway whoever's into it let's share some of the soundtracks or song's we know, for example these are the one's I have and listen to:

-PRISS ASAGIRI VOCAL COLLECTION - AS SEKIRIA
(from BUBBLEGUM CRISIS 2040)

-music for freelance - COWBOY BEBOP remixes

-vitaminless - COWBOY BEBOP

-FIRE BOMBER BEST ALBUM - ULTRA FIRE!!!!

Some of Cowboy bebop song's are jazzy, but there really nice. I've got to admit the japanese play some nice guitar tunes.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The ending theme from Lain (the song that plays during the credits and the "wire womb" picture) is named Toh-I Sakebi. Though not strictly Jpop, Lain's opening song is named Duvet and is performed by the group BoA. Two variations of Duvet can be found on the CD "Tall Snake": Lain/Cyberia Mix (a more techno version) and the acoustic version. If you've heard Duvet and liked it, I'd definitely suggest checking out "The Race of 1000 Camels" BoA's full CD, as it's quite good.

>soundtracks
There are actually three different soundtracks to Lain and one limited edition that few people know about. There's the SEL OST which has songs that play during the little cut scenes and such, Lain:Cyberia Mix, which are composed of songs from the series that have been altered and made to have more of a techno slant. There's also Lain:Bootleg, which is all the background music that *isn't* on the OST, the songs that play while Lain's having a conversation with Professor Hodgeson, while she's walking around her house, etc. I've also been told that the music on Bootleg is used in the PSX Lain game. Finally, the limited edition DVD has a song that isn't on either of the other CDs, "13th Floor Elevator." I can't place this song within the series, so I'm willing to bet it was meant to be included yet was cut at some point.

While I'm sure quite a few people know of it, the song that plays at the end of Evangelion episodes, "Fly Me To The Moon," was originally done by Bobby Darin (well, it may have been done by another memeber of the Rat Pack, but since they frequently shared songs, I suppose the point is moot). If you're a fan of lounge music and the like, you might enjoy him. Some of his other hits include "Mack The Knife" and "Somewhere Beyond The Sea" which (yeah, I'm rambling) played during the scattering of Mr. Scully's ashes in an early X-Files episode.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cool I'II check that out I'm also into techno, could anyone give some good songs from "Rurouni Kenshin" or a.k.a. "Samurai X".

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
kenshin has too many good songs. it'd be useless to type em' all here. go to www.anipike.com and click on the rurouni kenshin link and go to the media section. they have soundtracks and stuff. the 1st season OP comes to minds...Sobakasu, by Mary and Judy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i like the songs from initial d ,especially by move (around the world,rage your dream ,gamble rumble ,strike on dll)
and then from eva (cruel angel thesis ,turn back time)
and from games [restored pieces(xenogears),radical dreamer(chrono cross) and galway(FF9)]
there are many more but i don't remember em right now

·
Registered
251 Posts
i remember it now (after searching through my collections of mp3)
i think utada hikaru songs are great too,especially automatic and first love
can songs from j-drama be counted in?
i like the opening and the ending song[gto(poison),ice world(diamond dust) ,beautifull life(too long,don't remember) and many more]

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there's also slow song's too in the Kenshin soundtracks. I'm more into the punk rock-style songs. Just tell me which Kenshin song's are into that format.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
alright, i have some songs from one of the soundtrax. the good ones are:

sobakasu (1st OP)
Tactics (1st ED)
?? (2nd OP)
Namida wa Shitteiru (2nd ed)
It's Gonna Rain (6th Ed)
Junjou na Kanjou (7th ED)

...u get the picture right?
all the opening and ending songs to the series are terrific, and i don't think many of them (if any) are slow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts