Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did for an hour but I didn't care for the music.
Had I stayed and listened to Motley Crue I might've felt differently...
I thought the show was still kind of shallow, staged, self serving, and I couldn't believe Tony Hawk called Grand Theft Auto 3 "A classic" :angry: A classic? I don't consider Doom a "Classic." Maybe 10 years from now! :innocent:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ya I watched the awards. Most of the show anyway. I'm still having a hard time figuring out why Half Life 2 got an award for best graphics when Doom3 owns everything at this point. I also can't figure out why Snoop sang such a crappy song and wanted people to really get into it.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Last years awards scared me away forever.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Lets just say it seems it was horribly fixed. It was more of an indoor beach party. The direction was horrible and the audience was so loud you could hardly hear the announcements or any of the trailers. Simply put the worst awards show ever. And definately the worst video game awards show too. The games that won ... Well let's jus say IMHO they weren't deserving at all. They missed some major games and didn't even nominate some big players that sould have been.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
After browsing through their online voting I decided it was too lame to even bother with -_-

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
let me guess, EA got every award, right?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Lets just say it seems it was horribly fixed. It was more of an indoor beach party. The direction was horrible and the audience was so loud you could hardly hear the announcements or any of the trailers. Simply put the worst awards show ever. And definately the worst video game awards show too. The games that won ... Well let's jus say IMHO they weren't deserving at all. They missed some major games and didn't even nominate some big players that sould have been.
Just like this years awards eh? Well, this will be the last time I bother watching then.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
i watched it,it was ok and i was glad to see gta san andreas win game of the year:). Didn't care for the songs played there though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
For the second year in a row, the wrong game won game of the year. Well, at least it wasn't a sports game this time for f***'s sake. I didn't watch but the last 10 minutes or so, but as it stands, they may as well just call it the console game of the year awards. Since they're based on voting, there are just too many console kiddies for PC gamers to compete with them for any awards. Halo 2? Give me a break.
- Modem

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ya, PC Gamers got screwed over. Halo 2 and Doom3 owns everything. I think the only reason Half Life 2 got props was cause it's newer. Then again, I havn't tried it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Last years awards scared me away forever.
Yes kast years awards was horrible...

but i really think butcher bay should have took it all! or mmgs3..either one...

but san andres..pffftt

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
/me looks at Guyver's sig :p

Yea. So far no video gam awards have been good. GPhoria (or hoewever you spell it) was really lame too. But let's face it. Other than the Teen Choice Awards, all other awards shows suck bum. And I only say the Teen Choice Awards are god because some decent performances and hot celebrities :p

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sorry to say but these TV show awards seem rigged and a little biased, personally NGEMU can probably pull off a better poll based video game award (hint hint ;) ) with better games listed on each category that spike would in its life time.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well it's because we for the most part are gamers. They are just executives trying to make a flashy show.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Maybe one of you admins should go over to the Spike stuidos and just give someone a swift kick in the nuts, and then make *YOU* in charge of next year's show. Sit them down in front of Halo2 for 10 minutes, then Half-Life 2 for about 10 minutes, and see if their minds are... changed. I'm not saying that Half-Life 2 necessarily deserved GOTY, but NOT HALO 2, that's for sure. Then, you can let them know how happy everyone is with XMC. :D
- Modem

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
They should just rename GOTY to Most Hyped Game of the Year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts