Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
I'd thought about it, but I could never trade a car for a bike - I need the cargo room... though I'm considering owning one of each. Only problem then is that the extra insurance costs would eat up any gas savings I may have hoped to have.

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Actually, from what I hear, the largest factor in high gas prices is China getting to be a much bigger player in the market. Apparently a lot more people are buying cars there than previously and they're sucking up the supply, increasing prices. If that's true, the price increase is only just beginning, and it ain't goin' down.

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Heh, I regularly get a good look at German prices for gas - that usually shuts me up :). Luckily, I can qualify for "gas stamps" that let me buy German gas at US prices. Unluckily, the frelling European rental law says I can't rent a car there until I'm 25... so I have to go with really old co-workers everywhere.

Anyways, back to the original discussion:

Lobo - you say it's actually cheaper insurance-wise to have multiple vehicles? Wow, I'll have to look into that. It may make picking up a bike well worth the cost! If that's true, I owe you a big one :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts