Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna know if anyone here likes Grandia....because I never seen any topic, and any discussion about it....on rating is the second cooler RPG for me....the first is FF8....)
What about u???

·
space trader
1,815 Posts
...Yes, I loved Grandia from the moment I first saw it on my friend's PSX (love at first sight !!) - too bad I never got the time to finish this great RPG - I misplaced my saves some time ago... :( ...As soon as PSX emus developed to a decent state, it was on my list of "10 PSX must-have" games... I hope I can find the time to start it over someday...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah I was really surpised at how good Grandia was. When I first started playing, I wasn't to into it, but the more I kept going, the more I liked it. Someone on this board (I think) put it very well saying that the game although a bit childish has this strange charm to it.

Its Kinda like reliving the old cartoon watching days of the past. The story was very well done with bad, yet tolerable and sometimes enjoyable voice acting.

This game is definetly in my top 10 just because of its distinct character. Too bad Grandia II doesn't look to be as good as this one. I've played the very beginning and I don't think it'll be able to measure up. I'm hoping someone will say otherwise since the only reason I ever started Grandia was so that I could play Grandia II (Even though they aren't connected, I just have this thing about going in order haha)

I don't know why, but I always seem to compare Grandia to my new favorite game - Xenogears. The in game engine is somewhat similar when walking around but the battle system is more FFish. Anyways although it had a much more serious tone and story I'd highly recommend Xenogears for anyone who liked Grandia.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Neo_ZX
.....I don't know why, but I always seem to compare Grandia to my new favorite game - Xenogears. The in game engine is somewhat similar when walking around but the battle system is more FFish. Anyways although it had a much more serious tone and story I'd highly recommend Xenogears for anyone who liked Grandia......
Hey...I'm playing Xenogears now...it is very good....(even if its more old than the games i use to play nowadays)...and the gameplay is very similar to Grandia....But the battle style and history are very different....

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Grandia 2 was a very good game. I would say it was the best RPG game on Sega Dreamcast. But now its coming out on Playstation 2 and PC. :) The story and the gameplay was great. The graphics were also nice. Grandia 2 was had very weird nice looking specials, where the character casts a spell and it turns into anime with 3d lighting effects then back to 3d, This game was amazing. Turning the map around and around was the only annoying thing.

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
I just noticed. :) The battle system looks really complicated now..

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Already!!!!!!
Geez...I'm outdated.....How long time passed (about the release) between Grandia 2 and Extreme???

(and.....err....Are Grandia 2 for PC already released there in US???)

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
> Geez...I'm outdated.....How long time passed (about the release) between Grandia 2 and Extreme???

About a year and five months.

> Are Grandia 2 for PC already released there in US???

No. It's out 1/25/02. I wouldn't touch it, however. "The only real problem with the PC version of Grandia II at the moment is the absolutely horrid frame rate. Even set at the lowest graphical setting, the game has almost obscene amounts of slowdown that even causes the dialogue text to stutter."

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.