Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky to stumble onto this game and I'm now trying it out. I found a walkthrough that gets you to win Hikari, Sakura, and Miharu (woa! koala-girl from TM1 going that far - Hibikino City - to find a boyfriend?) from Gamefaqs and got those endings, but that's it. Anyone here know how to get the other endings? I saw a thread here containing screenshots from the game, and it looks like TM1's Shiori and Mira are in this game too! And the walkthrough I used also mentioned it's possible to win Shiori! :)

Translation isn't necessary (but very welcome so I know what's going on), just the sequence of choices will be good enough.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Where's Shiori when you need her :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kane-Sama said:
Where's Shiori when you need her :p
I presume you mean the one who made those screenshot threads from the various Tokimeki Memorial drama/substories games? Yeah I wonder where he/she is?

Anyway I decided to simply play around with the game by trial-and-error, and by a stroke of luck got Kotoko's ending. Perhaps I'll try my luck this way until someone shows up willing to assist in my request.

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Sailor Enlil said:
I presume you mean the one who made those screenshot threads from the various Tokimeki Memorial drama/substories games? Yeah I wonder where he/she is?
...yeah, that's the one Kane is talking about... :D ...he's a Philippino, too...
...had you joined a couple of years earlier, you'd be like his best friend... (or his "alter ego", or something like that :p).
Anyway, it's a safe bet that he'll be playing Ragnarok Online, as usual...

There is also another guy quite adept with various "dating sim" games. His name is 501XX, he's Japanese, but I haven't seen him around for a long time now...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sights said:
...yeah, that's the one Kane is talking about... :D ...he's a Philippino, too...
...had you joined a couple of years earlier, you'd be like his best friend... (or his "alter ego", or something like that :p).
Anyway, it's a safe bet that he'll be playing Ragnarok Online, as usual...

There is also another guy quite adept with various "dating sim" games. His name is 501XX, he's Japanese, but I haven't seen him around for a long time now...
Hmm, too bad. I was hoping I could at least ask him a few questions. Looks like I'm on my own for now then?

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Sailor Enlil said:
Hmm, too bad. I was hoping I could at least ask him a few questions. Looks like I'm on my own for now then?
...well, if you're -really- desperate, then (IMO) the only possible way to get some help from this forum, is to find a way to bring Shiori's attention to this thread.

One way to do that, is to try and talk to someone to get you in touch with him. IIRC, Ryos (a long time admin in Emuforums, and friend of Shiori) also used to frequent in Ragnarok Online, and maybe can get in touch with him.
From then on, Shiori will hopefully squeeze some free time off his schedule, and provide you with answers.

The other way would be to try and contact him (by PM, or otherwise) directly...

...good luck with whatever choice you make :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sights said:
...well, if you're -really- desperate, then (IMO) the only possible way to get some help from this forum, is to find a way to bring Shiori's attention to this thread.

One way to do that, is to try and talk to someone to get you in touch with him. IIRC, Ryos (a long time admin in Emuforums, and friend of Shiori) also used to frequent in Ragnarok Online, and maybe can get in touch with him.
From then on, Shiori will hopefully squeeze some free time off his schedule, and provide you with answers.

The other way would be to try and contact him (by PM, or otherwise) directly...

...good luck with whatever choice you make :)
I'll see what I can do.

Meantime I decided to play around with the game by trial-and-error and see what results I could get. Amazingly I was fortunate to get almost all the endings. At least I got all but one of the TM2 girls' endings (Sumire is the only one of them I didn't get yet; a faq claims I need a savegame from TM2 containing events with her; incidentally by sheer luck I bumped into TM1's Mira when I got Maho's ending, and of course I got TM1's Miharu from Hikari's storyline), and aside from that, there's just Shiori to find, if indeed she's in this game (the same faq I had claimed I'm supposed to play Kotoko's storyline to get her; so far no luck, and instead I got 2 good endings with Kotoko).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, looks like I won't need that assist in the gameplay anymore. Look who I found (see attachments).

Man I didn't think it would be so simple. All I needed to do was to keep picking the top choices in each dialogue in Kotoko's storyline, and boom there was Shiori.

I was really shocked though that the first thing Shiori did when she got there was to verbally call me by nickname! I had Hikari's EVS file loaded in, and Shiori used it (just like Miharu did).

Of course, I still have no idea what's really going on due to my lack of Japanese fluency (so if anyone out there has a translation of the conversation between Shiori and the player's character, that would be most welcome), but at least I knew what she said just before the credits rolled (after choosing the 2nd option when the selection of answers comes up) - Atashi... anata ga suki desu :wub:

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
...glad to see that everything worked out fine for you, in the end !! :)

...nice pics, too !! ...Shiori is too cute for words, as always. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sights said:
...glad to see that everything worked out fine for you, in the end !! :)

...nice pics, too !! ...Shiori is too cute for words, as always. :D
Thanks! Though I'd still like to know what the situation is here. I mean, what's Shiori doing hanging out with Hikari's childhood friend instead of her own (i.e. the player-character of TM1)? What happened between them (Shiori and her childhood friend)?

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Bah. :p

1. Player-kun of TM2 and Fujisaki-san are attending the same college.

2. It seems that they've drifted apart after graduation, and Shiori is now questioning her feelings for him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shiori said:
Bah. :p

1. Player-kun of TM2 and Fujisaki-san are attending the same college.

2. It seems that they've drifted apart after graduation, and Shiori is now questioning her feelings for him.
Thanks man (especially for all that stuff you PM'd me)! Though what's weird about #1 is how the timelines of the two games were merged to make the encounter possible (yeah the translations imply that Miharu and Shiori both graduated from Kirameki HS a year prior to the present time in MRO; i.e. March of 2002). i.e. if the original timelines of TM1 and TM2 were strictly followed (TM1 happened from 1995-1998 in the PSX version, or 1996-1999 in the SNES version, while TM2 was 1999-2002), then Shiori and Miharu should be 3-4 years older than Player-kun of TM2, or at least the same age as Asou Kasumi (TM2 Player-kun's other childhood friend), and for Player-kun to meet the two TM1 girls in these circumstances would mean:
1. They (Shiori and Miharu) are graduate students of the University, or
2. They were Ronins (i.e. did not go to school) for 3 years (an unlikely scenario especially for Shiori)

Of course, #2 (in the quote above, not the items I listed) would have happened if one plays TM1 or Tabidachi no Uta and finishes with someone other than Shiori, or gets the bad ending :p

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
The times and dates in TM2 are meant so that the game would be relevant to the real world's time and date; i.e. it just wouldn't feel right if TM2 were to start in 1995 too considering that it was released in 1999. But the timeline ingame in TM2 is the same as it is in TM1... think of it like this: events that happened in TM2 also happened within the same timeframe as TM1, only that it happened in a different city, with a different Player-kun, in different circumstances.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shiori said:
The times and dates in TM2 are meant so that the game would be relevant to the real world's time and date; i.e. it just wouldn't feel right if TM2 were to start in 1995 too considering that it was released in 1999. But the timeline ingame in TM2 is the same as it is in TM1... think of it like this: events that happened in TM2 also happened within the same timeframe as TM1, only that it happened in a different city, with a different Player-kun, in different circumstances.
Well I don't know what Konami's intent was in MRO, but my concern stems from this document here:

http://pages.prodigy.net/plward/TokiMemo/TokiMemo_Guide.txt

It's mainly a guide for TM fanfiction writers (myself being one with an ongoing project that mainly involves the TM1 cast), but what's significant about it is that the character's birthdays are written there complete with year of birth. As you can see, most of the TM1 cast (ie those in TM1 Player-kun's year level) are listed being born in 1979 (this information being based on the TM OVA - if you watched it, Mira was definitely mentioned being born on November 15, 1979 when Yuina performed a fortune telling process for Mira with her computer, so that information is definitely official), while most of the TM2 cast (also those in TM2 Player-kun's year level) are listed being born in 1984.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Well I came to that conclusion because there were a lot of references in the substories that involved the TM1 cast still currently studying in Kirameki Koukou at that time. I know I DEFINITELY saw a scene in LSF where Saki visits Hibikino Koukou from Kirameki to root for her team in a soccer match between the two schools, and she was in winter uniform.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts