Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seriously considering quitting smoking, because it is getting rather expensive. (Not that I can't afford it, but it's still money that could be used somewhere else)

I've been thinking through the options, cold turkey (unlikely), gum, patches, prescriptions......

Anyone have any experience quitting? This will likely be one of the hardest thing I've ever done so a few words of advice could be helpful. :)

·
ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Well i havent been smoking for over 3 months now, in my case it was Coca Cola and Chupa Chops that helped me, there is also a medicine Zyban which is not based on nicotine but it removes the urge to smoke, normally the treatment takes 2 months but once the urge for smoking isnt there anymore you can stop taking it if you want to.
So the only things left are this: medicine based on nicotine is kind of useless and a waste of money, the toughest part of quiting are the first 2 weeks, you gotta have some will power as well.

Success in quiting ^^

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
11,526 Posts
My uncle and aunt quit smoking amazingly enough by pure will alone. No patches, no gum, nothing. I suppose that by doing it together it helped them outlast the cravings. Of note they had been smoking for decades.

·
Curiously Cheddar
4,521 Posts
Have a 'supervisor'. Someone who you spend most of your time with and doesn't smoke. They've got to be pretty adamant on not letting you smoke, but if you find the right person to help you, it should be a million times easier.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
I've been off the lung darts for 4 years now. The patch does pretty good keeping you sane for the first couple weeks, but aside from that, don't complicate the matter with any psychological bull****s. "I'm so stressed out right now...I need one".....etc. F that noise. It's as simple an issue as simply not smoking and not thinking about it. Just stop. Done. It really is that simple.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.