Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
the only laser disc game i knew about was Dragon's Lair.
it used laser disc to store the huge amount of fmv, with reasonably quick random access (cant use tapes like VHS)
and that's a time when video compression technology was practically non-existent. without compression, an LD holds 60 min of video per side.
just for comparison, a CD Video holds only 5 minutes of uncompressed video, whereas a VCD holds over 70 min of mpeg2 video.
i guess i should leave the details to Betamax, before i make a fool out of myself :eyes:

it's old stuff my friend. i dont think it can compare to the playstation.

·
Registered
965 Posts
A VCD doesn't use MPEG-2, it uses MPEG-1..

An SVCD uses MPEG-2..

And there were plenty of LD games, such as Space Ace.

S

·
0 Posts
There is a Laserdisc Arcade Emulator out. I've seen it mentioned at www.vg-network.com What games it plays, or how it plays them, I don't know. But as for being better than the PSX, especially the enhanced PSX (ePSXe), as Takwu said, I don't think so. I've seen Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in the Arcades and, to me, our enhanced PSX games look every bit as good, and in many cases, better, than those games ever did.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.....................
You mean graphic in the game is movie.............
Well if so there is not diiffernce from CG in PSX...........

S

·
0 Posts
it's a pretty old technique, dragon's lair is from 1983.
It's some sort of animated interactive movie.

So yeah, it's similar to psx fmv I guess.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
hmm, this reminds me of the LD console by Pioneer. you know, the one with Mega Drive and PC Engine modules that plug in the front...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts