Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrono Trigger supposedly being released with Final Fantasy IV this fall in a "Final Fantasy Anthology" type thing??? And could someone tell me how to work the playstation Movie to AVI converter as I can't read any of it :) thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot which system

IT's supposed to be released on the PSX not the PS2 just to get that out of the way...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I haven't. I did hear something about Chrono Trigger possibly being coverted for another system but can't remember what one. Not sure about the FF though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok here's what I meant......

I heard that Chono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV where going to be released this fall together in a pack... What I meant with the anthology thing was that They would be released TOGETHER like Final Fantasy V and VI were.... Now, any comments?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YAY

YAY, I've been wanting Chrono Trigger but of course trying to get it for the SNES is nearly impossible and it is quite costly... Thanks for the info and sorry about not checking the link... I was at school and the firewall wouldn't let me go to that site (I'm surprised it let's me post messages... ) oh well thanks again.. and can anyone tell me how to work the Playstation movie to AVI format converter thing a ma bob :) thanks...

-Turk

S

·
0 Posts
It'll be out July 11th. I called FuncoLand and asked. I am going to go a reserve myself a copy. Yes, they will be released togther in the same box just as FF Anthology was. I can hardly wait as I have been hoping to see these two come to the PSX for some time now.:D Way to go Square!
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
It'll be out July 11th. I called FuncoLand and asked. I am going to go a reserve myself a copy. Yes, they will be released togther in the same box just as FF Anthology was. I can hardly wait as I have been hoping to see these two come to the PSX for some time now.:D Way to go Square!
sincerely,
sx/amiga
You sure that they didnt think you were talking about the movie?

either way, july 11th is gonna be a big day ive seen the previews for the movie and it looks fantastic

S

·
0 Posts
Nope, I made sure to ask about the game. According to Funcoland, FF Chronicles the game for the PSX will out July 11, 2001. Is it a coincedence that it is coming out on the same date as the movie hits theaters? Knowing Square, I don't think so. I think they probably planned this. Good move on their part.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Final Fantasy Chronicles (and yes, it's still ironic the stupid thing is called that when Chrono Trigger is anything but Final Fantasy) was made because a LOT of people demanded Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 4 be translated (particularly Chrono Trigger). It probably helped that Chrono Cross sold so well, as well as Final Fantasy Anthology. And yes, they will be sold in a pack like FFA, so people can't pass up on the crappy job they did for FF4 and get the CT remake with the neat new anime movies.

S

·
0 Posts
Ryos, how do you know that FF 4 is a crappy translation? Have you seen it? I read an article that said that both had been improved quite a bit. Granted, I have not seen any pictures yet, but it seems that Square would try to do a good job on both not just one.:confused:
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I'm basing that information on an old excuse Square gave for not releasing Final Fantasy 4 along with FF 5 and 6 a while back. Supposedly it crashed every once in a while, and there were no "improvements" besides the addition of FF4j Hardtype's difficulty/combat options (Edward's medicine is neat, even if it is practically worthless) and an ending FMV and a beginning FMV. Unless the U.S. team did a lot of revamping - which is always possible, since they've had long enough to tinker around with it - these issues would remain. I like FF4, but I'm not willing to played what is essentially a flawed version of it. The actual translation should be better (the original dialogue should be in now, or at least a more accurate set), but the port to the PlayStation had some major problems. Luckily, Chrono Trigger is another story altogether. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey Ryos,
Wouldnt you think that they wouldnt release a product that crashes? If its true that they didnt release it in FFA because of crashes they would have fixed it up before the the release of FFC. Since playstation games cant be patched like computer games, I think that they fixed whatever problems they had.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, If you think about it... burners are becoming cheaper and more common in households, they just may begin to patch the game like that but I highly doubt it since PS2 is DVD and the gamecube is supposedly mini disc but oh well guess the burners didn't catch up with the consoles fast enough and DVD burners aren't worth it. But at least the game developers don't rely on patches to fix their errors but oh well.. I'm going to bed!~ G'night lol

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
campaign: it's possible they have fixed the problems in FF IV, but the pessimist in me is just not sure. I guess we'll find out before too long...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts