Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
As you previously know, I had the HARDEST time getting FF8 to load up. It worked beautifully for a summer and then completely crapped on me. Obviously I didn't like that, as I couldn't get it working till now. solution? BUY ANOTHER COPY...actually the Greatest Hits version works now, though the manual isn't in color :( That and at 20 bucks online, it wasn't that bad.

Anyways now I'm looking for the good settings again...because I literally deleted them all in an attempt to get it working ;) Does anyone have the good config file? Before it was pretty nice and smooth, and now the backgrounds are not as smooth and I see these little black dots around objects.

Just to note ahead of time: please OGL1 or D3D (though my games are all faster in OGL than D3D so i'd prefer that) only ^_^ A Geforce4 regretfully doesn't do that well when I turn on OGL2 (no shaders...and its a LOT slower). Or if you know of good settings for that, that would be nice ^_^

So if you post your config I would appreciate it :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hushypushy said:
wasnt kane's old config 3/0/4? or something like that..

Uh sure, I would like try that out

And thanks to the user above, I'll try that and make some adjustments ;)

Yeah I know the G4 can max it all out, but I'm interested more in making sure things look accurate before i move on further (ie: there are no weird artifacts first on the backgrounds)

this is what i'm talking about

·
Registered
416 Posts
don't use texture filtering and fsaa if you don't want artifacts.

you will miss all framebuffer effects unless you use 3/0/4, but it will slow down a lot in some situation(menu screen).

d3d is faster than opengl for this game.

the only way to play this game perfectly is to use opengl2, but ti is not fast enough for that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kingking 3rd said:
don't use texture filtering and fsaa if you don't want artifacts.

you will miss all framebuffer effects unless you use 3/0/4, but it will slow down a lot in some situation(menu screen).

d3d is faster than opengl for this game.

the only way to play this game perfectly is to use opengl2, but ti is not fast enough for that.

ty i do use 304. Although turning off texture filtering and fsaa made those black little dots and white dots a LOT more apparant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.