Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Believe in Harmony
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP graphics card with be able to play metal gear solid 2 on my pc? i dont want to buy the game to find out that i'll have to upgrade my card. btw, i apoligize if this is the wrong area of emuforums to post on. thanks for any help.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
on my FX5200u game runs smooth with proper settings (in 800x600), hope that my info helped you a bit...

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
The S3G is a ****e card. IIRC it don't even have T&L

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Indeed, and MGS2:Substance for the PC has "iffy" compatibility at that. Looking at the box it does say the minimum is a DX 8.1 compliant card with 32mb of vram.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
It's an integrated card on VIA boards

S

·
0 Posts
it is stated specifically with mgs2 that it only works with nvidia cards on the box; then later they made a patch to make it work with Ati as well. and that's AFAIK as far as the compatibility goes. And even with those, there are still some bugs. So I wouldn't count on it.

·
Believe in Harmony
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
darn that sucks, i kinda expected that...well i know laptop has an Ati Card, but i have it packed up somewhere and i dont really feel like taking it out just to check. The card came built in the laptop, so im not sure of its power and capability to play this game. if i remember correctly there was a 4500 somewhere in its name. again, does anyone know if that's capable of at least running the game? btw thanks for the helpful feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts