Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
War Games coder
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having troubles with this emu - seems to be mostly a rom selection problem. For example, I want to play 'Perfect Dark' (main page claims its now playable with new release), but it says I've got about 6-8 'perfect dark' files...some 96 megabit, some 32 megabit, and one 256 megabit. Well, ok, I remember that that game is actually supposed to be 512 megabit, so what's going on? I select the 256 megabit and emulate it and I see a title screen (Using Jabo's 1.4)...but that's as far as it goes. I hit reset, and the program crashes. The ROM seems to play OK in pj64, so I believe the ROM's intact, and this is the US version of it. Also, most of the other ROMs in the list have corrupted names and are generally unreadable :(

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
You can check your ROMs with GoodN64. It will check if the ROM is a good or bad dump. There's also a patch package with thousands of patches to correct bad-dumped roms. You may wanna try it.

·
War Games coder
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can it be a bad dump if it works in other emu's?

·
War Games coder
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I patched the ROM with GoodN64, and the multiples vanished...to be replaced with one (1) 256 megabit ROM...which only shows the title screen :(. If it helps, this is the ROM name that it spat out - Perfect_Dark_(U)_(V1.0)_[!].rom

Anyone else encounter anything similar?

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
Originally posted by KillerShots
Ok, I patched the ROM with GoodN64, and the multiples vanished...to be replaced with one (1) 256 megabit ROM...which only shows the title screen :(. If it helps, this is the ROM name that it spat out - Perfect_Dark_(U)_(V1.0)_[!].rom

Anyone else encounter anything similar?
ummm... if is zip, it has various files in the zip?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.