Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
Im havin a problem with Windows ME. Almost everytime i go to shut down, instead of going to the "It is safe to turn off your computer now" screen, i get a black screen. Usually everything just shuts off by itself, but, with the black screen i have to shut down manually. Also, when i boot up again it gives me the "Your computer was shut down incorrectly" thing and forces me into a scandisk. Any ideas on whats wrong?

EDIT- Note, this has SOMETIMES happened when i had win98, but more often in winme

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I never experienced that but sometimes i have problems when shutting down my win me, i show an error message 'warning,system is low of resources' and resulting inproper shutdown...
Pity u and pity me!!!

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I used to get this when I upgraded to win2k... tracked it down to the fact that I had an outdated antivirus software that wasn't closing properly. This would be the strategy

Before shutting down close all programs manually. If this removes the problem then we're on the right track. Then repeat only leaving one extra program running etc until the problem reoccurs. This would be the culprit. Get a undate for that said program.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Betamax sure is cool, but u don't suggest me any good cd-rom drives in the hardware forums....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts