Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I am, because people have said it'll acctually be good this time + I love Natalie Portman :p she and the music was the only reason I went to see the other movies :D

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I'm not really a fan of the prequels. I'm not looking forward to it at all, although I'll go watch it anyway.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
That's scary Boltzmann, we submitted at exactly the same second.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Not waiting for it, I like Star Wars but not a fan though... I'll watch it on my TV :p

BTW, about Natalie Portman.... err..... :drool:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
hmmmm... I don't like too much whole SW serises... but probably will go to see it, just like that - because of boring day :p

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I think you guys are underestimating the movie. This is nothing like the last 2. Its gonna be an acadamy award winning knock out. It most likely gonna be the best movie of 2005.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
from the reviews i've read, its supposed to be much better than the first 2 prequels but hardly academy award material. and My friend read the novel and said alot of it is just a whole lot of political mumbo jumbo. I'll still go see it, but for the record, the original trilogy owns the new one with a brick :p

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's fair to say that 20 years later, George Lucas still hasn't learned how to write a decent screenplay. :p

That being said, Episode III looks more exciting than the other two prequels because Anakin is going to be very, very evil in this movie. :D

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,690 Posts
Boltzmann said:
I'm not really a fan of the prequels. I'm not looking forward to it at all, although I'll go watch it anyway.
yeah well, but you're a trekkie, aren't you ? ;)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
i just wanna see jar jar killed or something.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
ChankastRules said:
That's scary Boltzmann, we submitted at exactly the same second.
Maybe it was an occurrence of synchronicity :p

Samor said:
yeah well, but you're a trekkie, aren't you ? ;)
Well, I'm a trekkie, but I never bought into this whole SW vs. ST thing.

Specially because I never considered Star Wars to be a sci-fi movie; it's a martial arts movie in a futuristic setting, that's what SW is.

I'm fond of the original trilogy (not the DVD releases, though... The originals are way better).

Metalmurphy said:
I think you guys are underestimating the movie. This is nothing like the last 2. Its gonna be an acadamy award winning knock out. It most likely gonna be the best movie of 2005.
Now I think you're overrating the movie... I highly doubt that you'll be an Academy Award movie... A good movie? Perhaps. An outstanding movie? Hardly.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Now I think you're overrating the movie... I highly doubt that you'll be an Academy Award movie...

...i have foreseen it...(?) :lol:

What i have heard that EP3 story is much more original-trilogy like, so i have VERY high hopes.

Still a week before its in theaters here... ARGH!!!

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Player-X said:
Anyone else here that is looking foward to Anakin turning into Darth Vader?
OMG HUGE SPOILER! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Well, I wasn't really interested in this movie, but the reviews got me curious. Seems to be quite an improvement over the last two movies.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wasn't too excited until I saw the trailer where palpatine is talking to anakin and then Samuel L. Jackson comes in and Palpatine swoops at him like a cat. I don't know, there's just something about that that excited me.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've got my tickets to see it midnight this wednesday and my friend just blew away 100 bucks making a Darth Vader costume. I've never been this excited for something that I know will suck... Okay I take that back but come on people it can't be that good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not interested... I loved watching the old movies with my brother but I hated Episode 1, never saw Episode 2 and the guy playing Anakin/Darth in 2 & 3 is so horribly ugly. He looks like a toad! Meh... he can't compare with Luke. *sigh* Luke was a hunk!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
But like the guy playing anakin the guy playing Luke also sucks at acting xD

·
Registered
613 Posts
For future reference, Mark Hamill = Luke Skywalker and Hayden Christensen = Anakin Skywalker. Sorry, pet peeve of mine when people don't refer to the actors' real names since it's easily found using imdb.com or even google. :p

Hayden Christiensen can act as shown in Life as a House. Star Wars just isn't the vehicle for good acting. It reduced Liam Neeson to a one-dimensional Jedi reciting zen-like "Use the Force" BS and Natalie Portman (a usually great actress) is just godawful in her role as Padme. I'm not too sure about Hamill since I've only seen him in Star Wars and handful of B-movies. Hamill is pretty damn funny when he makes cameo appearances.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts