Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well on October 4th (and October 3rd) they came to the Bell Center in Montreal and it was one hell of a show :D
I think they played like 18 songs O_O
If I remember correctly, heres what they played (sorted them by album since i dont remember the exact order)

St-Anger
Frantic
St-Anger

Reload
Fuel

Load
---none---

Black Album
Enter Sandman
Sad But True
Holier Than Thou
The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters

...And Justice For All
One

Master of Puppets
Battery
Master of Puppets
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Leper Messiah
Damage Inc.

Ride The Lightning
Creaping Death

Kill'em All
Seek And Destroy
Metal Militia

Others
I dissapear (from Mission Impossible 2)
The Ecstasy of Gold (they didnt actually play this one, but it opened the show. Its on the S&M album)

nway. It rocked I was in the 7th row so i had an insane view on the stage. Ticket was 85$ CAN, not that bad if you ask me. Robert Trujillo made an awesome solo also, can't wait to see how the next album turns out with him being the new bassist.

And now i got free tickets to see Alcoholica on december 4th :D
post any comments or experience on shows here :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
so....jealous.....

i really need to see these guys before they die :p

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
My friend did see them, it was back on the times of the black album....

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I saw them in 96 and then again in 98... both were pretty good shows. I REALLY wish I had seen them back a bit before that though. It's good to see that they're still playing alot of their old stuff even at their current shows... especially cause I haven't really liked anything they've released since the Black Album.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
...I....hate....you....guys.... oO I have never seen them perform live...and I have a feeling I never will....although, I really wanna go to a Korn or Slipknot concert.

r2rX :evil:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I dont really like Metallica, but I do like some of their songs, and I also heared that their live shows are really good, but I prefer to see a Sonic Youth live show, or a Mudhoney one, or maybe a Pixie's live show.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Wow, Metallica live!!
Sounds awesome to me!

A lot of bands sound even better when performing live, and most of the time the guitar solo's are better as well!

I am really looking forward to the next concert I'm going to as well.
Concerts rock!! \m/

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Meh,metallica has played a second time on Rock Werchter here...together with Korn....I havent been to that festival since other bands like: Pink,The black eyed pies,and a whole****load of rappers and techno and stupid commercial ****bands come there,and also a lot of posers and losers....

I stick to my Belgian Graspop Metal Meeting...ive seen Slipknot,Motorhead,Alice Cooper,Morbid Angel,My Dying Bride,Cradle Of FIlth,Scarve,Oomph,Evergrey,Brides Of Destruction,Queensryche,and others one just one freaking day (only had money for one of the 3 days wich also had:Iced Earth,Judas Priest,Children Of Bodom,Chimaira,Epica,Exodus,Anathema,Dimmu Borgir,Hatebreed,Therion,Fear Factory,Death Angel,Ill Nino,Malevolent Creation,Shadows Fall,...)

And a ticket for all 3 days to that festival my friends,with such a ****load of great bands,only costed 90 EUR this year + access to the campingspace

So srry,but if I have to decide to give between 80 EUR for Metallica,or 90 EUR for this festival,then im going to the damn festival :evil:

(btw next year Slayer,Manowar,Iron Maiden and maybe even AC/DC!!!! will come there becuz its the 10th edition of GMM)

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I've never see them live. They came to Rio de Janeiro in 1998 (IIRC), but I couldn't go to the concert...
BTW, I liked their playlist. They played mostly their old stuff, which is what I like. I don't really like anything they did after the black album (just like Rhombus said).

Seek and Destroy rocks :evil:

Carnage said:
(btw next year Slayer,Manowar,Iron Maiden and maybe even AC/DC!!!! will come there becuz its the 10th edition of GMM)
Wow. That's great.
You know, Iron Maiden is still my favorite band (I'm listening to "From Here To Eternity" right now, from one of their live albums).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ya know what I saw them for free (I was to cheap to pay for good seats) anyways they acted like stuck up Jerks during the show. Honestly, who gives a crap if the audience doesn't sing along. They must of been trying to record live stuff at the time. They would'nt finish Master of Puppets song without the audience singing along. They just kept on repeating the chorus and then they stoped the song and B**CHed at the audience and started up again. They did this in a couple of the songs that day at the concert. Anyways I'm not that big on them because in the area I live, one of the main rock radio stations here has been saturating Metallica on the air waves for a decade now. I mean saturate as in everyday a minimum of Five songs a day and on fridays Mandetory Metallica. I'll go with Megadeth anyday over Metallica, but I do like the old material up to the Black Album.

Iron Maidan Rocks as do there concerts as I saw EDDI LIVE on a Full Stage concert with all the trimings...Now that Rocked...

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
i saw them on New Years Eve 1999 (going onto 2000) in the Motor City Millenium concert they threw. I was on the floor right next to the stage, and it was awesome. Best. Night. Ever.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Look, as i've read...some of you have loved and hated concerts from all the greats....but I, on the otherhand, have never been to a concert...of any artist...ever. The closest chance i've had to going to a live concert here was for Sean Paul...I REALLY don't think so! The *******s here managed to steal his phone! That was hilarious....

But, at least you have a chance to watch and listen live! And 72da9, at least you get to listen to rock everyday, regardless of if it's Metallica etc. Here, no station plays any rock...period. Only expections, which are once in a while, are Linkin Park..one or two tracks, or Nickelback....that's it!

I wanna hear MegaDeth, L.P, L.B, Disturbed, Slipknot, Korn, Evanescence etc!! I will never hear this anywhere but home...

r2rX :(

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hmmm that sux... Well just one thing: Good music isn't played on radio these days :rolleyes:

I alway listen cd's and always have my discman with me when going for a ride :)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Megadeth is coming to Montreal on November 4th but it hink its already sold out.... kind of sucks. what is neat with megadeth is that they dont play in ahuge arena or something similor. thyll be playing at the Metropolis (pretty small...huge floor and a couple of seats on the balcony) thats where i saw The Offspring :)

Right now the only other ticket i have is for Nightwish :)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Megadeth is totally awesome live... put on a better show than Metallica even. Like Chrono said, they play small venues, which is definitely cool. I saw them on their Cryptic Writings tour (98 I think?) in the Beacon Theater in NYC which is just a 2000 person place. My friends and I got there early, and we were right up in the front for the whole concert. Once again, I think Megadeth's old stuff was better. I haven't liked anything after Cryptic Writings... and Cryptic Writings wasn't as good as their earlier ones like Youthanasia, Peace Sells..., Rust in Peace, etc.

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
Rhombus said:
Megadeth is totally awesome live... put on a better show than Metallica even. Like Chrono said, they play small venues, which is definitely cool. I saw them on their Cryptic Writings tour (98 I think?) in the Beacon Theater in NYC which is just a 2000 person place. My friends and I got there early, and we were right up in the front for the whole concert. Once again, I think Megadeth's old stuff was better. I haven't liked anything after Cryptic Writings... and Cryptic Writings wasn't as good as their earlier ones like Youthanasia, Peace Sells..., Rust in Peace, etc.
//derail//
Youthanasia is hardly their early work, it's only 10 years old :p. Megadeth is interesting, for they don't change. They changed in the early nineties, and after that they basically remained the same even today (their latest album has the exact same sound as youthanasia or countdown). Their 80's work was generally all the same, too. Needless to say, they were good then so they'll be good today, but the fact that it's the same music you've heard nearly thousands of times, it makes it somewhat worthless.
//end derail//

Anyways, that metallica concert still remains as the only concert I've been to. I'd love to go to more, but its not like i have much money :(.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I disagree about Megadeth not changing. They changed a lot in "Risk", and I didn't like it. "The World Needs a Hero" was somewhat better, but still not nearly as good as their older stuff.

BTW, I'll probably go to watch The Offspring, in the 22nd of this month :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts