Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, d'you find that from time to time the sound just changes for no f**king reason whatsoever. Like for example, you'll be playing some music and suddenly the bass will appear to become stronger and the treble weaker (as if you changed some of the options in the Creative control panel), or very rarely, the system may revert back to 2.0 speakers instead of surround? Weird stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Rikki. I'm on Vista 64 Ultimate and I'm using the latest official Creative drivers I think. (Version 6.0.1.1373)

n_w95482: Hey. I have CMSS-3D enabled usually. I use it at 50% Stereo Envelopment, Stereo Surround "Upmix Mode", with "Upmix" set to Auto.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
You *may* want to try out the beta drivers.

As for changes in bass and treble, try toggling the "SVM" (maybe called DRC or Dynamic Range Compression in the vanilla Creative drivers) setting. Might also be affected if you change your audio profile. (Gamer, Entertainment)

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
I used to have issues with some games (crackling sounds) with X-Fi and it took months to find out the reason. In the end, appeared that I had too old software installed for my Logitech webcam. Sounds crazy, but that's life. :p

Another problem I had, was that my X-Fi remote didn't work. I had disabled a DLLML.exe-process thinking it was unnecessary, but in the end, it was necessary for the remote. Have to be careful with Start-up managers.

Unfortunately I've never had similar issues than you, capo, so I can't be much for help. :( Luckily there are many people around who have more experience for your case, but you can take a look at my former problems, too.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
only issue that i have with my x-fi is when i was using windows 7 i wasnt able to swap mt front and and right speakers. i need to swap them becuase of my room layout. i had to put the right front speaker of my logitech x-530 ont he wall to the left of my tv near my computer beucase thats where the connectors for my computer are. they are ont he right speaker and with the length of the cord its not long.

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
No issues here , but my brother is having similiar issues with my old audigy 4 which i gave him inside my old PC , anyway , i did have issues of bass and trebble reset to default level on start up in the old days , but that was cuz audigy s arent offically vista supported

anyway XFIs have better driver support so , what you are gonna do is use driver sweeper , clean all the old drivers and install them again , it might help , and always consider the possibilty of a broken card (faulty I mean , if this is new card )

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i had the same bass issues which is because that it has reverted to 2.0 as the logitech speakers try to do bass based on 2.0 onput and not from the sub output....

although that was in xp and many old games making the o\s revert the setup to 2.0 and at times 4.0 but i rarely had such an issue in vista 32bit where games change to 2.0 to any other setup due to a game as it aumatically reverts back to normal setting but who knows you may have a game that blocks vista from reverting...

actually are using crappy creative software (for 64bit o/s what are you thinking?) to set the o/s to 5.1 or using sound setup in vista to set the o/s to 5.1, as i remember having the same issue in vista and realised its creative software thats the issue (but hey the drivers are good now)...

also run windows update as it may find newer drivers that may not be in creative's website, okay i admit thats rare but it does happen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.