Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i recently started playing in this emulator and i love how accurate it is with games, it makes it so simple and and goes straight to the game with no problems but recently I had a little problem, I used to play Silent Hill and save the game with memory cards ( I still haven't used the save state load state function ). I closed the emulator and shut down my pc, next day all data from both memory cards were vanished and games told me to format them. I am not really sure if this is a normal thing, I am quite new with emulators so I have no much experience. So I was wondering if there is a way I can prevent this from happening or either way backing up my data. I did see some posts about this but I want to be sure. By the way is there any way I can transfer the memory card data from pc to pc?

Rn I am using ePSXe 2.0.5 for windows 10. Should I leave my specs down here?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I wonder if you haven't activated individual memory card usage per game in the meantime. corruption of memory cards is not common, although possible. and in general there is no need to worry if the game runs well, then, there is no reason to worry about specs.

the emulator saves all its information in the emulator folder and subfolders and the configuration information in the registry. if you copy the emulator folder and the registry you have full backup of epsxe.

see my script @ "ePSX2: where is it saved the settings prefereces file?"

the script helps the registry bkp.

cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if you haven't activated individual memory card usage per game in the meantime. corruption of memory cards is not common, although possible. and in general there is no need to worry if the game runs well, then, there is no reason to worry about specs.

the emulator saves all its information in the emulator folder and subfolders and the configuration information in the registry. if you copy the emulator folder and the registry you have full backup of epsxe.

see my script @ "ePSX2: where is it saved the settings prefereces file?"

the script helps the registry bkp.

cheers!
I didn't check the individual memory card per game thing as I was only playing 5 games at once but I will try that.
The emulator folders, are they these ones?
Capture.PNG

Do I just copy the memcards folder and whenever I get a problem like that do I just delete the current one and paste the older version? or do I need to do the regedit, does backing epsxe also backup the data from the saved files? thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
291 Posts
yep. just swap the files inside "memcards" (or the entire folder) with ePSXe closed. and everything works...

as long as you are using the same settings on the emulator. (the settings are saved with the previous msg script.)

cheers!

edit: the epsxe registry, in relation to the memory card, holds only the file name (it is always better to leave the default name, don't change it) and whether you are using the option to individualize the card by game or not.

I always use individual memcards. I prefer it that way. but if you didn't have it checked when you started playing, it will appear that your progress has been lost ... you can recover, etc., it's just manual work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts