·
Raw Rulz
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got:
Nvidia Geforce 6600 which supports Pixel Shaders 3.0 and Direct X 9.0
1.5 GB Of Ram DDR2
CPU 3.0 Intel Pentium 4

I know its slow computer but I have played couple of games with low speed and I wonder if there is possibility to change some settings to gain advantage :) Thanks in advance

·
Registered
154 Posts
Your CPU is way too weak. Pentium 4's just won't make the cut for such a CPU intensive application like PCSX2. You will need at least a dual core processor at 3.2Ghz (but NOT an Athlon X2 or Celeron Dual Core as those are weak too). I doubt any setting will help you get playable speeds.

Ram is fine, and the video card may be ok too (not 100% sure on this one). Nevertheless, CPU will prevent you from reaching decent speeds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I threw the emulator on a computer with roughly the same specs just for kicks, and yeah, it sucked... but there are a couple games that will actually run at almost full speed on it. Stuff like Dragon Quest 8, the various Gust games (At tonelico, Ateler Iris, Mana Khamenia), and I think I tried one of the Disgaea games with mostly successful results.

But yeah, other than that you are pretty much looking at no joy without a much beefier CPU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.