Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! I can't get enough of the game Final Fantasy Tatics, thats why I actually installed this PSX emulator....I also enjoyed how Vandal hearts played, but I am wanting better graphics rendering and cooler looking spells. Does anyone know of any games out there that resemble any of these two games or fallow the same type of game play? Like each person takes a turn, I already have fallout 1/fallout 2. Does playstation 2 or pc have any games like that? or any other kind of console but with better looks? Thanks! :dance:

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
mr_coffee said:
Thanks guys!! I think i'm going to try out: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness it looks pretty cool! Do you guys recommend any good Playstation 2 emulators?
The only one that can run commercial games at the moment is PCSX2, but don't expect playable stability or speed for most games.;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Front Mission 4 also. Though Disgaea's story is far superior (and hilarious) to it. You've also got Arc the Lad Twilight of Spirits. But yeah Nippon Ichi's Trifecta is your best bet (trifecta = Disgaea, La Pucelle Tactics, & Phantom Brave). Though most people can only handle so much nihongoloid action per year, so don't overdose on them all playing them one after the other unless you're heavy into j-humor and ridiculously weird yet engagingly funny plots.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
You do realise in order to run a PS2 emulator, you'll need a BIOS of the console, and to legitamently have the BIOS, you must own the console?
It really comes off as you wanna pirate the system, and that's not supported here...
and yes I own a PS2! ;)

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
There's also another Nippon Ichi game, Makai Kingdom. Also the Arc the Lad series plays out somewhat like a Strategy RPG series as in you have a certain area you can move in, but you aren't on a "grid"

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Well another thread revived because someone didn't know how to check when was the last post.

I think if relatively new users are restricted to only seeing threads that have activity within the last month it would stop a lot of these revivals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.