Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
Im starting to love this console (emuled) but seems that the RPG is not that sucses

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage is one I've been playing recently (until my saved state got corrupted, I just don't want to have to catch all the way back up!) and it was pretty entertaining albeit a little slow. I'd recommend that one. Don't expect Zelda style gameplay since I wouldn't really classify Zelda is an rpg anyhow. Ogre Battle 64 is an rpg/strategy that is supposed to be really good but there are some graphical issues in play that would be a severe detriment to your enjoyment of the game. Other than that ... there really isn't much of anything.

Oh, and you'll be better off playing Aidyn under 1964, it has freezing/crashing problems under the current release of pj64. I'd also recommend fooling around with the counter hack in 1964 otherwise it'll be s l o w.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Originally posted by gerbilcannon
And what about outside of the us? Not that I have any great Japanese knowledge or anything. (subbed > dubbed though!)
According to IGN's list, Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 2, PD Ultraman Battle Collection 64, Kyojin no Doshin 1 (I highly doubt it got released), Legend of the Sea King, and Legend of the River King. Of those, the only one I suspect is any good is the title from the fairly popular Japanese series of Mysterious Dungeon.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
In a better world Dragon Warrior 7 had been a N64 game...
However I'm one of the idiots who bought Quest64... Holy shit, what the hell did i think... theres only ONE thing that i liked about it, it somehow had a NES feeling in terms of gameplay-deepness and that was kind of interessting ^_^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.