Dingoo A320

Dingoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Accessories:
AC Adapter
Mini-USB adapter
User Manual
Earbuds
AV cable

Multi-platform handheld gaming entertainment station (portable emulator system), which is often lovingly called the Delightfully Small (DS) gaming entertainment system with 4 GB's of internal memory (Capable of storing thousands of cool videogame ROM's) and a 2.8 inch QVGA LCD screen, this is the one hand held unit that even the most discriminating gamer can love.

Plays huge variety of video (FLV, WMV, ASF, RM, AVI, MPEG, MP4, RMVB, SWF) and music (MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC) formats!

Connects to your big screen TV (NTSC or PAL, 16:9 or 4:3) via AV cable included.

Specifications:
Primary Function: Gaming and media player entertainment system
Display: 2.8 inch QVGA LTPS (Low Temperature PolySilicon) LCD Screen
Memory:
- Internal 4GB
- External Mini SD card
Controller Design: D-pad
Gaming Console Modes:
- NES (Nintendo Entertainment System - 8bit) = FC (Nintendo Family Computer, 8-bit)
- SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 16bit) = SFC (Nintendo Super Family Computer, 16-bit)
- Sega Genesis (Sega Mega-Drive - 16-bit)
- GBA (Nintendo Game Boy Advance)
- Neo-Geo (SNK Neo-Geo)
- CPS1 and CPS2 (CAPCOM, arcade game systems, 1st and 2nd edition)
I/O Slots:
- Earphone jack
- Mini-USB slot
- Mini-SD slot
- AV OUT
- Stereo Speakers
Additional Media Functions:
- FM Radio with recording function
- Voice Recorder (MP3, WAV)
- Image viewer (JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG)
- Ebook reader (with text to speech function)
Languages: English, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional)
Dimensions: 125mm x 56mm x 14mm (L x W x H)

Made in china... do any of you guys have this? and can report on the emulation please! i here some of the emu,s that ship with arnt so good,but i here you can run linux based emulators for beter speed

Any info would be great! it looks like a pretty cool gadget

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
GP2X is better, GP2X Wiz too, PSP is also better. You can get a PSP for just a bit more money from your local store since you will also have to pay the shipping costs for the Dingoo.

I'd stay away from Dingoo and pay a couple of $ more to get something better.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
Dingoo A320

Dingoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Accessories:
AC Adapter
Mini-USB adapter
User Manual
Earbuds
AV cable

Multi-platform handheld gaming entertainment station (portable emulator system), which is often lovingly called the Delightfully Small (DS) gaming entertainment system with 4 GB's of internal memory (Capable of storing thousands of cool videogame ROM's) and a 2.8 inch QVGA LCD screen, this is the one hand held unit that even the most discriminating gamer can love.

Plays huge variety of video (FLV, WMV, ASF, RM, AVI, MPEG, MP4, RMVB, SWF) and music (MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC) formats!

Connects to your big screen TV (NTSC or PAL, 16:9 or 4:3) via AV cable included.

Specifications:
Primary Function: Gaming and media player entertainment system
Display: 2.8 inch QVGA LTPS (Low Temperature PolySilicon) LCD Screen
Memory:
- Internal 4GB
- External Mini SD card
Controller Design: D-pad
Gaming Console Modes:
- NES (Nintendo Entertainment System - 8bit) = FC (Nintendo Family Computer, 8-bit)
- SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 16bit) = SFC (Nintendo Super Family Computer, 16-bit)
- Sega Genesis (Sega Mega-Drive - 16-bit)
- GBA (Nintendo Game Boy Advance)
- Neo-Geo (SNK Neo-Geo)
- CPS1 and CPS2 (CAPCOM, arcade game systems, 1st and 2nd edition)
I/O Slots:
- Earphone jack
- Mini-USB slot
- Mini-SD slot
- AV OUT
- Stereo Speakers
Additional Media Functions:
- FM Radio with recording function
- Voice Recorder (MP3, WAV)
- Image viewer (JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG)
- Ebook reader (with text to speech function)
Languages: English, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional)
Dimensions: 125mm x 56mm x 14mm (L x W x H)

Made in china... do any of you guys have this? and can report on the emulation please! i here some of the emu,s that ship with arnt so good,but i here you can run linux based emulators for beter speed

Any info would be great! it looks like a pretty cool gadget
That device is using sonys XMB without its consent, making it illegal.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Yet its legally sold without Sony interfering.

Im stuck between buying this one and the GP2X 'Wiz'. The 'Wiz' has some advantages, but the A320 seems to have a better d-pad. I dont really know...

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
Yet its legally sold without Sony interfering.

Im stuck between buying this one and the GP2X 'Wiz'. The 'Wiz' has some advantages, but the A320 seems to have a better d-pad. I dont really know...
Well if gaming companies don't take action their current gen consoles are being simulated, why would they do it for last gens? >_>

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Well if gaming companies don't take action their current gen consoles are being simulated, why would they do it for last gens? >_>
I think Sony doesn't care about their XMB. Maybe its just too pricey to place it under copyright.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Soooo naughty, soooo tempting.... KOF2003 on a portable? SVC Chaos? Super Street Fighter 2, ooooooooooh!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Cheap PSP ripoff
Not really, this system is for the naughty gamers whereas my PSP is not modded and has some legal goodie emulation on it!

:p

·
Nii Yugito fangirl #1
1,333 Posts
First I fell in love with this machine. Then I read about the snes emulation not being up to par and I lost most of my feelings. Good thing that happened, too, before I had him move in with me permanently.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Half the emulation runs to slowly from what ive heard, CPS2, neo geo, snes and gba more specifically and the mega drive/genisis has some weird issues.

Theres a few youtube reviews going about on it so yeh.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
2.8' is too small for movie

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well i just brought one online should have it in a few days, i let you guys know how the emulation is, i here the linux snes emulator runs most games full speed and theres heaps of other apps even to OC, GBA is pretty much perfect so i here same with nes

anyway i let you guys know once i have macked it out

Wow FBA runs awesome onit!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vol9lFU7ks8&feature=related

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey again so i got one now :) it is awesome,some of the emus the ship with the official firmware arnt the best with slow down,altho the gba emu is really good,

but i have flashed it to dual boot dingux,and can play pretty much most snes games at fullspeed with snes9x !! final fantasy 3 and zelda super metriod are great,Picodrive runs megadrive/genesis perfect!!

Fba320 runs awesome also,full list of emulators here Dingux:Emulators - DingooWiki

Only bad thing is the d pad isnt the best for fighters,it seems to be abit to small(the d pad i mean),other wise im really pleased with this !! fits in your pocket great and the lcd is crystal clear

I got is for $150NZD and $30 for a 4gb mini sd to run dingux

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
if the price is the same as a psp ide go with a psp and then flash it with cfw which ive done with my psp 2001 dax silver so im good to go with emulation on it. my only problem with the psp is the screen is broken and the screws are stripped out so im having problems replacing it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.