Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll be on vacation in just over a week (can't wait! :D), and I'll be needing some games instantly to keep me from dying out from boredom. I really don't feel like playing FPS games anymore, the last one was I played, L4D, was just....mediocre! Lost interest at ~chapter 3. Ss for Far Cry 2.....well.....lost interest after the third mission :lol: Prior to these 2, CoD5 was pretty disappointing too, so I've decided to keep away from this cat until some better titles come around.

Moving on to the racing cat, BurnOut Paradise was just awesome! And currently I'm playing TDU which also a really good game. So I was wondering, are there any more, good, new racing games around for PC? I played NFS Undercover at my friend's place on the PS2, and it didn't really appeal to me all that much, neither does Pro Street, and I've already conquered Carbon, so you can put aside the entire NFS series. Preferably I want an arcade-style game, like BurnOut, or at least a sort of semi-arcade style like TDU, I don't like all-out racing sims like G.R.I.D and LFS.

I know I'm being way too specific here, but hey, its worth a shot I guess. If not, then I'll guess I'll just force myself to get the ball rolling on FC2 and L4D again :(

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but my internet connection sucks to its either SP or GTFO :(

Same goes for BurnOut, but SP was pretty awesome in that regardless.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Stunts - another late-80's, early-90's racing game the allowed you to build your own tracks...and drive on them in a variety of vehicles ranging from a pick-up truck to an Indy car...even against an NPC opponent if you wish...

Also, it's too bad that people no longer play it, but HoverRace was an AWESOME multiplayer game from a few years ago.

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
Grid isn't a sim, it's as arcade as they come. Crash replays and 3 lap races, arcadey physics and leniency of damage.

One of the best racers ever released, a must buy!

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really? oO My mind must be playing tricks on me xD

Definitely look into it, and Trackmania and Stunts (even though its old). Thanks for the input guys. Any more entries are welcome :)

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Completed NFS MW.

Well almost, the game is unstable for some reason, so I've been unable to defeat blacklist rival #1 :(

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MW only had bugs with my old P4 and XP SP2 though. I have yet to try it with this machine and SP3. Can't be bothered to though...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Really? oO My mind must be playing tricks on me xD

Definitely look into it, and Trackmania and Stunts (even though its old). Thanks for the input guys. Any more entries are welcome :)
You're probably going to need DosBox if you want to play Stunts.

Old games drive me crazy with the amount of bugs they have .
Surprisingly, I don't think I've found a SINGLE bug with Stunts.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Oh yes, NFS3... works perfectly on XP.... NFS4 you will need a patch.. and forget about proper intro. NFS2 also has a share of fun when playing with someone else... (same goes for the other games)...

And yes, get GRID, is really nice... although you need an analog controller. The Xbox360 controller is quite good for it. There are even custom AI mods to make it even nicer for single player.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.