Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Ohana means family...
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys any recommendation for japanese games that's never seen the english version....if possible those that got independent part translated to english ones....i know some...

SNES
Seiken Denketsu 3 (aka Secret of Mana)
Tales of Phantasia
Star Ocean
Wonder Project J

any other recommendation? NES, N64, PS1, GBA also can...no PS2 coz i don't own one... :p

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
no PS2?? man, all the games i've imported are for PS2! beatmania, pop'n music, Initial D....oh well....

well, i did import MGS:I for PSX but that's pretty much the same as MGS and VR missions...

as for Japan only games...the only one that strikes me is FF5. yeah, we got the FF Anthology version, which i actually did finish, but the load times are HORRIBLE and you know what....the fan translation is actually pretty cool. plus low load times.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
hushypushy said:
no PS2?? man, all the games i've imported are for PS2! beatmania, pop'n music, Initial D....oh well....

well, i did import MGS:I for PSX but that's pretty much the same as MGS and VR missions...

as for Japan only games...the only one that strikes me is FF5. yeah, we got the FF Anthology version, which i actually did finish, but the load times are HORRIBLE and you know what....the fan translation is actually pretty cool. plus low load times.
When you've got the right one that is, I had one where the battle techniques and conversations weren't translated -_-

For NES there's another great one: Captain Tsubasa 2 (the sequel to Tecmo Cup), I'd love to see a translation for it as Tecmo Cup is one of my favorite NES games. Even though I was able to play the spanish version when I was 8, the second part is a bit more complicated :(

Other games I regret they didn't translate are the Sakura Taisen series for DC, and Baldr Force Exe. Baldr Force being an awesome game to play, even though I miss out on the story, and that seems to be the best part. Another game I still want to experience is Hundred Swords for DC. It's an RTS with RPG elements in it.

· Registered
2,081 Posts
All the old Fire Emblems were only released in Japan - that's FE 1-6. They're all quite good, and have very similar and familiar gameplay if you've played any of the recent Fire Emblems. FE 4 and 6 have been translated 100%. FE4 is very different from the other Fire Emblems (bigger maps, different castle/town system, different support system, etc.) but I consider it one of the greatest games of all time. FE6 is the first GBA title, and is VERY similar to FE7 (the one released simply as just "Fire Emblem" in English). FE's 1, 2, 3, and 5 are excellent as well (especially 3 and 5), but haven't been translated. I'm working on an FE3 translation.

· Registered
416 Posts
Shiritsu Justice Gakuen Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2 on ps, and Moero! Justice Gakuen on dc. Gyakuten Saiban 1-3 on gba. All super robot war games. Black matrix series. Dragon quest 5, 6 on snes. Shining Force 3 on saturn. There are too many jp only games to list.

· Registered
7,407 Posts
Sin and Punishment (Tsumi to Batsu - Chikyuu no Keishousha) by Treasure, for the N64. Freaking amazing game, even better with PJ64 + NRage's w/ mouse. On second thought, is anything Treasure makes less than extraordinary? Hell no. :p

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
kingking 3rd said:
Shiritsu Justice Gakuen Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2 on ps, and Moero! Justice Gakuen on dc. Gyakuten Saiban 1-3 on gba. All super robot war games. Black matrix series. Dragon quest 5, 6 on snes. Shining Force 3 on saturn. There are too many jp only games to list.
Check this gamefaqs page ;)

· Emunext fanboy
4,245 Posts
*NES :
Final Fantasy 2 and 3 : Although 2 had some US ports for PSX and GBA, 3 never got any ports or remakes.

*SNES :
-Radical Dreamers : It was on Satellavision add-on. But well, this is a text adventure RPG game, and is the direct sequel of Chrono trigger. Later it was redone in a better way as "Chrono cross" for psx. But I'd recommend trying "Radical dreamers" because it has some difference in plot holes and also explains some stuff that wasn't explianed in "Chrono Cross". And the best thing is
that it has Magus

-Bahamut lagoon : This game had one of the strangest storylines. It could've been so good, as it had much potential, but on the same time directing was bad. Reminds me of FF5. Play it for the game system only. It's a lite-Final fantasy tactics.

-Magical drop : Magical drop series is the best puzzle game series ever made (in my opinion). Although Magical drop 1 on SNES wasn't as good as Magical drop 2 or 3, you should see how everything got started.

-Rock man and Forte : It's Mega man 8.5, but anyway it was ported recently to GBA as "Mega man and Bass" . I still find the SNES game better. But anyway, I'm not a MM fan :p .

*NeoGeo CD :
-Samurai Spirits RPG : That game is good, but has long loading times :S . If you can't find it, try the PSX or Saturn ports.

*Turbo Duo (Turbo CD) :
-"Dracula X : Rondo of blood" : The best Old school castlevania and second best overall after "Symphony of the night" (In my opinion again) . If you saw the SNES "Dracula X" , Then know that it was just a very poor port of the massive game on Turbo CD.

*PSX :
-King of fighters Kyo : A KOF RPG. I want to put my hands on it myself, just for the artwork. It's based on the KOF97 manga.

-Final Fantasy VII Disc 4 : Well, it's not exactly a game, but it's a bonus disc with the japanese version. It has alot of info about the game making and some extras.

There are many more, but I can't remember anymore :S

· AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Dracula X, still gotta finish this game, just rock!
Didnt know sin and punishment, gonna look forward.

· Registered
7,407 Posts
Trizae said:
apparently treasure is doing a first and working on a Sin & Punishment sequel i think for PS2/3 or something like that
Actually, their first sequel would be Advance Guardian Heroes, with Gunstar Super Heroes being after. Both for GBA.

· Registered
6,829 Posts
Cooliscool said:
Sin and Punishment (Tsumi to Batsu - Chikyuu no Keishousha) by Treasure, for the N64. Freaking amazing game, even better with PJ64 + NRage's w/ mouse. On second thought, is anything Treasure makes less than extraordinary? Hell no. :p
Agreed. First time I played it, got fallen in love :rolleyes:
btw Cooliscool, I just have noticed that you're very addicted to this game :D :p

· Ohana means family...
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cloudvii said:
*NES :
Final Fantasy 2 and 3 : Although 2 had some US ports for PSX and GBA, 3 never got any ports or remakes.

*SNES :
-Radical Dreamers : It was on Satellavision add-on. But well, this is a text adventure RPG game, and is the direct sequel of Chrono trigger. Later it was redone in a better way as "Chrono cross" for psx. But I'd recommend trying "Radical dreamers" because it has some difference in plot holes and also explains some stuff that wasn't explianed in "Chrono Cross". And the best thing is
that it has Magus

-Bahamut lagoon : This game had one of the strangest storylines. It could've been so good, as it had much potential, but on the same time directing was bad. Reminds me of FF5. Play it for the game system only. It's a lite-Final fantasy tactics.

-Magical drop : Magical drop series is the best puzzle game series ever made (in my opinion). Although Magical drop 1 on SNES wasn't as good as Magical drop 2 or 3, you should see how everything got started.

-Rock man and Forte : It's Mega man 8.5, but anyway it was ported recently to GBA as "Mega man and Bass" . I still find the SNES game better. But anyway, I'm not a MM fan :p .

*NeoGeo CD :
-Samurai Spirits RPG : That game is good, but has long loading times :S . If you can't find it, try the PSX or Saturn ports.

*Turbo Duo (Turbo CD) :
-"Dracula X : Rondo of blood" : The best Old school castlevania and second best overall after "Symphony of the night" (In my opinion again) . If you saw the SNES "Dracula X" , Then know that it was just a very poor port of the massive game on Turbo CD.

*PSX :
-King of fighters Kyo : A KOF RPG. I want to put my hands on it myself, just for the artwork. It's based on the KOF97 manga.

-Final Fantasy VII Disc 4 : Well, it's not exactly a game, but it's a bonus disc with the japanese version. It has alot of info about the game making and some extras.

There are many more, but I can't remember anymore :S
the Radical Dreamer, the Satellivision (what is the correct spelling?) got any emulator for it or not? any screenshot

@cooliscool...ya i also got play Sin & Punishment....what graphic plugin did u use? the screeny looks perfect...

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
kingking 3rd said:
the us releases of rival school series do not include the dating sim game which is the only reason why i like the series better than any other fighting games. i still play them today.
Let me guess... They left it out while porting because western gamers don't like dating sims per definition. :( That really is a shame.

· Emunext fanboy
4,245 Posts
navilink said:
the Radical Dreamer, the Satellivision (what is the correct spelling?) got any emulator for it or not? any screenshot
Use Zsnes or Snes9x they both run it fine.
Well, check the thread here : http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57882

I made it about a year ago right after I first played the game :S . It may contain little spoilers here and there, and it also contains some screenshots and recorded Spc music aswell. Also, if you can't find the translation IPS patch , you can add me to msn and I'll send it to you.

· NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Translated by fan groups but never released in english:
Shin Megami Tensei -Digital devil story- (SNES)
Romancing Saga 3 ( SNES ) Great game, but REALLY hard!
Treasure Hunter G ( SNES )
Dragon Quest 5 ( SNES )
There are a lot more I know, but I'm too tired to think about it anymore right now :p

· Registered
7,407 Posts
navilink said:

@cooliscool...ya i also got play Sin & Punishment....what graphic plugin did u use? the screeny looks perfect...
Jabo's D3D8 1.6 or Direct64. I don't think you can use either of them with a GF4MX, as they both rely on Pixel Shaders.

You could try Jabo's D3D6 1.5, I believe it works just as well. Just enable Framebuffer effects (and low res updates) in the config.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.