Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
slightly off the topic but in the general area. does anyone know of a good midi synthesizer but better than yamaha xg50 which is what i have to be used with any general midi composer.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Cubase SX, proper professional software, i use it a lot for producing trance music and i never look back :D

alternatives you could use are Logic, Propellerheads Reason or Fruity Loops (FL Studio)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Carmofin said:
here, something i just finished, using fruity loops: http://entenhausen.at/~carmofin/eleventh.mp3
now that ive started looking through VST and VSTi plugins i dont see why i would ever want to use soemthign else ^^
to be hoenst, it really surprises me that 36mb are still considered too big somewhere on this planet, lol... ah well, whatever
Yes, 36 mb is really really insignificant. One should try downloading Gigabyte-size programs like Cubase...

About the song, nice and kind of strange sounding at some parts. Which is good.

Perhaps some can see this that was made in FL studio:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=207303

The orchestral portfolio was all done with an Orchestral plugin and various free soundfonts.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
noteworthy composer, you basically enter notes on the staff set your instrument and go.... supports everything normal notation supports, even pedal up and down for piano instruments

Also if you want true instrument sounds, usew something like Native Intruments Kontakt or Tascam Gigastudio...They both use real samples of instruments (GB of data) and Are professional development systems..Shows like Buffy the vampire slayer were scored with them...

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
trackers are very old now and its difficult to make something decent on them, ive seen people try, but you cant get anywhere near a professional sound.

you will find any decent sequencer program will have limitations, if you like fruity loops, its worth spending the pennies :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.