Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i admit i'm a bit of a noob at this, i'm trying to get Pcsx2 0.9.4 running on my computer, i have a game that is supposedly compatible, but it runs very slow and crashes after a minute, it also says in the DOS box, "cant find patch" etc, do i need to use a patch for each game? i dont know anything about patches. I have followed guides and im sure its configured correctly

Im using Vista and these are my specs

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
RAM: 2 GIG
System type: 32 Bit operating system
Graphic card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

SO.. im not even sure if my computer is compatible? from what ive read i probably have enough ram but my processor might not be sufficient?

Any info or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
can you tell the nae of the game that you are trying to run. Also update your plugins to new versions since old one may be causing a problem.

you don't need patches for all games, games work without patches too.

·
代言人
7,183 Posts
both your CPU and your GPU are the reason, there isn't anyway around it other than upgrading or buying new parts/computer.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
every slow game would not crash, my laptop is slower than his but still does not crash games. I'm pretty sure it is problem with the plugins or the game itself.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
There's not a single thing you can do about your issues without a GPU upgrade, and most games will not run at full speed with that CPU. Folderfolder, the GPU is the bottleneck here, a faster CPU would do nothing to help without a new GPU.

Read: http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/62230-pcsx2-0-9-4-faq-frequently-asked-questions.html

945 is PS2.0 "capable", but is very, very slow and Intel's drivers are just ****.

Closed because the FAQ addresses such issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.