Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a creative geforce 2 gts and i can only use 4x4 fsaa for D3D. This option is no available to me for openGL. The max is only 2x2 in my case. Is this for everyone as well?!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am using detonator drivers. It's just that i'm using the official 6.50 version. Does that mean this version doesn't allow 4x4 openGL anti-aliasing?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Actually the only card that supports 4x4 FSAA is the GeForce 3(....hmmm maybe the VOODOO 5 also..not sure)
Bye.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Sorry I meanty 4x4 OpenGL FSAA

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just got my GeForce 3 today, and no it does not support above 2x2 (4x FSAA). It does, however, use a different FSAA algorithms (multisampling and Quincunx) which look better than those found on the GeForce2. I must say I was quite critical of the price of the GeForce 3 when it was announced, but now that I've had a chance to play around with this card, I'm in awe, it was worth the money.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I also have a Voodoo 5 sitting in the closet, comparing the GeForce 3's FSAA to the Voodoo 5's I'd still have to give the slight edge to the Voodoo 5's 4x FSAA for the best image quality when they're both at the same resolution. However, the GeForce 3 can handle FSAA at much higher resolutions than the Voodoo 5, so overall the FSAA image quality goes to the GeForce 3 pretty easily, coupled with improved antroscopic filtering over the GeForce 2, the visual quality is just stunning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts