Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I got round to downloading ePSXe and completed my download of VP earlier. I can load the game fine, but I have 1 minor problem.

1 - When I start the game, there are dialogue issues. When the voice starts speaking the dialogue, it cuts out near the end. The text dialogue remains long enough for me to read, but I would very much like the sound to work properly.

I had downloaded the latest ePSXe, but downgraded to V1.6 because I understand the latest has disk changing issues. For my video config, I am using Pete's OpenGLDriver 2.9 and for sound I use P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9.

Looking in the configuration options for sound, I will be honest I am not sure what alot of them do. I see in the Misc section there is a checkbox called "SPU IRQ - wait for CPU action (Valkyrie Profile & MGS +SPUasync". This was disabled, I enabled it, no difference.

As I don't really know what I am doing in regards to the sound (and have had trouble finding similar topics on the web), I am hesitant to start messing around with it myself, and wanted to consult those who know more before I start to monkey around.

If there is a topic like this and I have missed it, really sorry (honestly I have been looking). I would be really grateful for any hints, tips or suggestions.

Thanks.

· Banned
35,081 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I managed to fix it, just checked a few more checkboxes.

However I have another problem, after around 5-10 minutes playing the window goes from fullscreen to a smaller one, cutting out parts of the screen. I have no idea why this is happening, or how to fix it.

Going to start digging around, any suggestions would be more than welcome.

EDIT:

Just fixed the problem. Typical, I get stuck, post for help then suss it out. Happens all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.