Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently emailed these people, and they replied:

To: my real name here :p
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 8:19 AM
Subject: RE: please port to GBA!

> Lucky for you, we are already at work on this! Barring natural disasters
> Return Fire will come out on the GBA sometime early next year.
>
> Phil Blood
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: my real name here :p
> Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 4:46 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: please port to GBA!
>
> I have loved Return Fire since its original 3DO version. So I have a
> request:
> Please port it to the new Gameboy Advance system! It would be a perfect
> title for this little handheld 32-bit machine.
> Thanks again (in a very long time) for this great game!
>
Yay!
ok, if you young punks havent heard of Return Fire, it's imo one of the greatest 32-bit console games to date.
http://www.prolific.com/

btw i just installed my PC version to enjoy it all over again. i wonder if i should grab a copy of the psx version...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well, since this console has been released a few months ago...
U should wait a little more to say a thing about the emus....

Like the psx for example
(...)

Sawasdee

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I think that emulation of the GBA is coming much too soon,I've got the emus,the bios,and some roms,but I won't play them cause,firts:it's slow on my current system,two:I plan to buy the real thing next year(I'm a Nintendo fan).
Plus I think emulation so soon will harm the console,if only I could get my hands on the bastard that leaked the info about the GBA,he'd have to run fast.

·
Registered
680 Posts
384 Mb RAM 133 MHz,GeForce 2 Pro 64 mb @220/440
Raziel, your geforce (mine GF2MX not o'clocked) is mightier than mine, and even more Ram (mine 128) - how come the games runs slow?...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The card doesn't make all,for GBA emus the minimal requirements are something like 650 MHz,one emu even requires 800MHz.
But it's because the emus are very recent and unomptimised,they will be much faster in a few month.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
I think that emulation of the GBA is coming much too soon,I've got the emus,the bios,and some roms,but I won't play them cause,firts:it's slow on my current system,two:I plan to buy the real thing next year(I'm a Nintendo fan).
Plus I think emulation so soon will harm the console,if only I could get my hands on the bastard that leaked the info about the GBA,he'd have to run fast.
Oh, u work for nintendo now...I didn t know that u could be aggressive..
A true fanatic ;)

Sawasdee

C

·
0 Posts
The only one (from what I'm told) with heavy system requirements is VisualBoy Advance, but it's still runs at 200+% of normal speed on my box ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
He has a lovely Athlon 1.33Ghz if I remember correctly,and one of them will soon be mine:) .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts