Next Generation Emulation banner

Another reason not to play video games?

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Squall-Leonhart 
#1 ·
Car sales are down in Japan, and young adults are less interested in automobiles. Instead of blaming that on a grim economy or even good public transportation, Toyota has apparently found another culprit: video games.

In a piece in the evening edition of Osaka's Mainichi Newspaper, there's an editorial on the "date car" by journalist Masahiro Kawaguchi. Kawaguchi talks about how the slide in new car sales started in the 1990s and even connects the current decline in population to the car apathy that exists among young men. "Guys used to work hard at their job so they could get a stylish, cool car for girl's to ride in."

Even more interesting than that connection is what Kawaguchi quotes a Toyota exec as saying: "Home game machines are no good. Playing something that realistic makes the need for cars disappear."

Really? Video games make the need to go from Point A to Point B disappear? Next thing we know video games will be blamed for violent crime!

That's such an odd thing for Toyota to say, especially considering how many game tie-ins the company has, such as having its FT-86 Concept car appear in Gran Turismo 5 — which is playable at the Tokyo Motor Show. It makes us wonder if that was simply some off-handed, throw away remark that obviously wasn't not thought through before uttering. Maybe!
Toyota Exec: Realistic Video Games Make Cars Unnecessary - gran turismo 5 - Kotaku

Yeah...
I don't think they were thinking when they said that bull*****.

#2 · (Edited)
unless they have a videogame teleporting system witch magically transports people to places, then no this is utter **** in a can, a can which has the toyota logo on it, but that doesnt hide the fact that it still holds **** in it.

or even if they are blaming video games for the removing the urge to go out and drive, im still going to call bs, when has there ever been a fully relistic driving simulator (not racing, from what there claiming its removing people from buying cars for general use therefore the games must have equal or greater similalitys, hence driving simulators, for it to be a fair comparason) comlete with windows and wind, and everything else i cant be bothered to mention? If not. No bs. if yes, please name it id like to know about it.

all in all, bs. /over reaction

#4 ·
Owww, reading that hurt my brain. :dead:

#7 ·
Fantastic. I have another reason to dislike Toyota other than not liking any non-toy company with Toy in the name.
Like i said before, the whole world doesn't revolve around english :p.
What a load of bollocks. Toyota haven't made a decent performance nor stylized car for over 10 years so no wonder they are saying this. I'm sure they would change their tune if they released a new Supra.
^Indeed and let's not forget they totally fu... up corolla to (well the performance one), though there jeeps aren't bad at all. Still i wonder what there smoking to come up with a stupid line such as that or where they:

#8 ·
:lol: What's next? Young people drinking problems? global warming? Terrorism?:lol:

This is bulls**t...

What a load of bollocks. Toyota haven't made a decent performance nor stylized car for over 10 years so no wonder they are saying this. I'm sure they would change their tune if they released a new Supra.
Yeah... Making sports cars would surely make it for better when its the small cars that are selling the best. Even for the yankees who normally seem to think bigger-the-better and that it's not their fault that oil is running out, they're just driving...

#9 ·
They should broaden their product range by anticipating on the market: Go sell energy drink and pizza.

#21 ·
it got stolen by the princess..... so the whore could buy some meth,... ya know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.