Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
They should bite the bullet, and make a 10th Year Anniversary NFS Porsche Unleashed with updated graphics. I'm sure plenty enough people would agree that it is one of the greatest NFS's of all time.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Well that killed any chance of me buying the PC version, but I might buy the Wii/DS versions if they're good arcade racers.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,650 Posts
according to this article,
EA reboots Need for Speed with three new titles in 2009 // News

"nfs shift" will be released for 360 and PS3, but also PC (and PSP).

Wii/DS get NFS Nitro (NFS MySims? ;) ), and the PC also gets an online NFS, which is going to be released in Asia initially, apparantly.

mind, both articles could be wrong, this is the gaming "press" we're talking about.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
I couldn't imagine playing a racing game with a keyboard?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
I couldn't imagine playing a racing game with a keyboard?
Well, it's fairly easy for arcade style games. Actually, I only use one hand and the arrow keys for NFSU or NFSU2, heck... up until NFSMW on PC, I still only need to use one hand and the arrow keys.

Grid... never tried it on PC, but there's pressure sensitivity for the accelerate button (gas pedal) so you have more control with a controller, I guess. Can't see how they can implement that with a keyboard. And over-gassing something can oversteer it, especially in corners.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
I also played almost all PC games on my keyboard. the last Racing game I completed on it was NFS undergroung2
These days I'm trying to finish nfs mostwanted using the keyboard.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Yes, I also played lots of racing games with keyboard... since the NFS2 up to NFSU2..
But then, I got the Xbox 360 controller.

Nevertheless, GRID is not that "arcade" like NFS so keyboard for gas and brake can ruin your handling very easly. (ending up spining like nuts)

Anyway, trying to stay on topic...

I think the NFS usage now is just because they have a known registered name... so they'll put it on their games as they like. (like Quake)

I used to wait for what would the new NFS be like... but now, is just... bleh, another ugly NFS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts