Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
You need the files firmware.bin, NDSBIOS7.rom and NDSBIOS9.rom, dumped from your DS.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Try playing around with the Extra-options. Sorry I can't give you any more accurate help, but I haven't gone around to play KH yes.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The only method to get the firmware (at least, for getting support in Emuforums), is DUMPING IT FROM YOUR DS. :mad:

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
greatwroth said:
It's not illegal to get these types of files from friends.
Actually, yes it is. Firmware and BIOS fall under copyright rulings, so their distribution (even for free/under friends) is illegal. You are only allowed to retain copies as long as you have the original.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Actually, yes it is. Firmware and BIOS fall under copyright rulings, so their distribution (even for free/under friends) is illegal. You are only allowed to retain copies as long as you have the original.
As I said.
Ngemu uses the rules in USA for Warez, but in some countries you CAN'T EVEN make backups from your games! :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the extras, huh. Well, thanks a lot for helping me anyways. security here is a bit lax for a kid like me to get arrested over downloading illegal games:rolleyes: so greatworth, if you have something to say to me... say it. :)

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
The law-enforcement in your neighbourhood/country/whatever may be lax enough (it's not really on top of things worldwide, considering software piracy), but board rules are set so that this website isn't taken down by US officials, so please refrain from asking any more. This thread is bound to be locked soon, either way.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
ive got a simple solution to not being able to get the files at least it works for me for this game. just rename the no$gba.ini file to firmware.bin and it the game should work just fine.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I've heard of that method, and I can't BELIEVE IT. oO

·
not-so-honest helper
9 Posts
the extras, huh. Well, thanks a lot for helping me anyways. security here is a bit lax for a kid like me to get arrested over downloading illegal games:rolleyes: so greatworth, if you have something to say to me... say it. :)
Sorry but I like this site and don't want to be banned because it is very useful. That's why I edited my posts and can't help u the way I planned. But if u send an image of ur no$gba folder here I can at least tell u exactly what is missing from ur folder that I have.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The files which are missing is:
BIOSNDS7.ROM
BIOSNDS9.ROM
FIRMWARE.BIN
Dump them from YOUR OWN DS and then put them in the same folder as NO$GBA.
We don't want to put the download of the DS firmware because we don't want to get arrested for giving code which is property of Nintendo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.