Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i was trying to fix my last problem as i posted really that i cant see the battle mune to attack or steal, i got this problem now too the fram rate is way to hight it says its goign at 200-300 fps how do i turn that down, and im still haveing troublems seeing the battle menu.

plugins:
gpupeopssoftwin117.zip
scph1001.zip
spueternal141_win.zip
if that helps at all?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
For FPS issues, just RTM, or even the setting panel, as you can see there's an FPS limitation feature :p

For the battle menus, as we said before, set your offscreen drawing to a good level (2 is usually enough) and enable the FF9 special game fix

PS, if you have a good enough graphic card, you'd better youse Pete's OpenGL GPU instead of software

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Mr. Killjoy said:
For the battle menus, as we said before, set your offscreen drawing to a good level (2 is usually enough) and enable the FF9 special game fix

PS, if you have a good enough graphic card, you'd better youse Pete's OpenGL GPU instead of software
heh, funny that you noted the fact that he's using a software plugin---then told him to turn up offscreen drawing :p

anywho, what are your computer's specs? you might not want to use a HW plugin...in the meantime try the "nice" preset in the soft gpu

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
if english is not your first language, keep practicing. if it is, you really need to shape up. type slower, pay more attention to what you write, or something, because your posts are horrid. also dont double post ;)

you can leave the FPS limit at auto, or 60 for NTSC and 50 for PAL.

which final fantasy are you playing anyway?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
i'm assuming you live in Rockford, Illinois? just a guess about which Rockford it is. so you're an american, you use AIM daily, yet you still type like crap? just slow down, spell check your entry...it goes a lonngggggg way in assuring that you actually get help. people have a hard time helping out people (let alone reading the posts) who ask questions, making typos every few words and never using punctuation. anyway, i'm n0t teh shoor if j00r AIM frends lyk da bad typein but j00 n33d two inmpr0ve 4 da msg brd. plzkthx.

anyway now that the sermon is over, try this config, except make the internal resolutions both 1.

are you playing off CD or ISO?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
>> heh, funny that you noted the fact that he's using a software plugin---then told him to turn up offscreen drawing

I noticed it after typing the 1st part and felt too lazy to change what I said

>> and how much should i limit the fps? i but it at 70

Tried Automatic? anyways, FYI, PAL games usually run at 50 fps and NTSC one at 60.

Just noticed hushy said it too :p

>> and a 5500 geforce video card going to upgrade soon
Fairly enough to use OpenGL1 or 2 GPUs, drop that Software one for your own good (unless you also play 2D games)

·
Registered
3 Posts
same problem but in linux

hello everybody at this great comunity!!! :thumb:

well I spect not to write only at this thread and go but to become a part of the forum, we'll see...
So I didn't start another thread to avoid repeting info, but well to the point. I have a linux debian sarge box, and I recently installed epsxe and everything was perfectly untill I step into a battle in FF VIII, so I tried FFIX and It happened again, NO BATTLE MENU....!!!! :cry:

Well I tried to change config and stuff and couldn't find a fix, and to set the offscreen drawing... well it doesn't work for me because of the options avaible at the plugin... IT DOESN'T HAVE OFFSCREEN DRAWING!!!!:cuss2:

well here are some screenshots that describes my config...

as you can see I can't use OGL gpu, because I don't have a graphic accelerator card...

All help will be most welcome...

see ya all =]

cecilFF :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! i'm sorry so much delay but couldn't get conected cause of work...
well i did as told and for my sorprise IT DID WORK :D
but!
it got slower any how i'm trying diferent configs to see speed improvements, however any help would be most welcome

On a side note I'll love to know how can I begin with psx and psx2 programming... I have some experience with programing, i don't handle threads nor sockets bur i'm learning... Of course I'm programming in Linux (Debian Sarge) with anjuta but well i'll love to begin with this even if it's only to improve my knowlege...

see ya all!

cecilFF :cool:

EDIT: sorry about the typos...
original_language = spanish;
;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.