Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen tons and tons of problems with FFT. I've attempted some of the settings and changes posted in those fixes, but alas, I am still having problems as well. Currently using ePSXe 1.6.0, but I've also tried it on 1.5.2 and get the same results. The game will load fine and get to the first battle sequence. Once the victory conditions appear and goes to actually give commands, I get the following:

"Opcode 3d UNK (PC 00155550) (10399,164)"

And my journey promptly ends. This only happens on my laptop. It works fine on my desktop system. I've copied the settings but still get the issue. I also get the same problem using other emulators with the same plugins, as well as different ones. Here are my current settings:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: MOBILITY RADEON X700 x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

Also using Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 for sound and PEOpS CDR Driver 1.4 for CD. I've tried using both the CD and ISO of that CD, but both work fine on my other system. As for my laptop, I'm using an Acer Ferrari 4000, AMD Turion 64 ML-37 CPU running Win XP SP2.

Other than sound problems with my speakers, I've not had any problems with any other game. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice and link. However, I've tried every video plugin available AND three different emulators. It keeps kicking me out at the same place. And it happens with both CD and ISO.

I can normally fix most emulator problems, but this one has me completely stumped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One other quick note, sometimes it gives the code error, sometimes it just locks up. It will allow to escape out of it and then the emu crashes. This is usually what happens when trying to use PSXeven instead of ePSXe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, problem solved. Kind of strange actually. Re-ISOd it, didn't work. Then I did it again except as a .bin instead of an .iso and it works now.

Heh, kind of strange. Thanks again for all the advice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.