Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off, I'm using PCSX on my Intel MBP. The PCSX forum seems to be junk, so I thought some of you may be able to help here. ;)

I have played through Disc 1 up until Galbadia Garden. FMVs are a bit slow and jumpy here and there, but no problems yet. Once entering Galbadia, the FMV plays, I enter the Garden, and get to the front gate. I pick my party and walk through the gate. As soon as I get anywhere near the back of that screen, my FPS jumps from 59.0 to about 1.9 or less. The game starts to freeze up and the music blanks in and out. The game is not frozen because the music still progresses and is not caught in a loop. I got to the rear of the screen and it fades out to the next scene, but goes no farther than that black screen. The music still jumps in and out.

I've tried entering through different gates, choosing different party members, entering from different sides of the screen. Nothing. If I hold the arrow down to come back to the gate, the game resumes fine. As soon as I enter the back portion of the screen, it starts acting up again.

I'm using all plugins that came with PCSX and all the settings recommended to play FFVIII.
Also checked the disc and there are no visible scratches.
Please HELP!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
rip the disk to the hdd. use epsxe rather then pcsx

·
Whistler
133 Posts
use epsxe rather then pcsx
Intel MBP
I don't think epsxe has a Mac OS X port :( and pcsx 1.5 under Windows and GNU/Linux should be no problem at that location (there is a known point of FF8 which PCSX crashes but not here). Not sure about that mac os x port though.

maybe try switching to the Interpreter CPU or load from a memcard save instead of savestate?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
does pcsx reloaded have a mac port?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think epsxe has a Mac OS X port :( and pcsx 1.5 under Windows and GNU/Linux should be no problem at that location (there is a known point of FF8 which PCSX crashes but not here). Not sure about that mac os x port though.

maybe try switching to the Interpreter CPU or load from a memcard save instead of savestate?
All Memcard saves, as everytime you load a savestate it freezes.

Epsxe does not have a Mac Port.

I'm going to try another copy of the disc. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks guys.

·
Whistler
133 Posts
does pcsx reloaded have a mac port?
well I have adapted Gil Pedersen's powerpc mac PCSX 1.5 code but currently dynarec crashes on Intel. The sources to Intel-compatible 1.6 version is never released (which seems to be in violation of GPL). I don't have a mac myself so I probably can't make it work :( still waiting for someone to fix it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.