Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
The soul still burns :evil:

I just read about it a minute ago. I'm not a big fan of shmups, from what I've heard Trizeal wasn't such a succes either. If I want to blast I'll play Baldr Force Exe (nov 2004), which also ended up being first in Gamefaq's top 10 of games which should get a translation, beating even Sakura Taisen! :D

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It's not dead, it just doesn't feel like getting out of bed :p

Anyway, I really like seeing how new games are still being released, but my attention is more focused on the homebrew scene lately :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
ArchIBaLD said:
Oh for the love of god.. DC is DEAD! face the facts! :evil:
It's discontinued and not being produced anymore, not dead.

I'm not being born anymore, does that make me dead? :p

@clouds bro

That's how I see most of them as well, sometimes I wonder if it's even profitable to release a new game on DC. Sure you'll catch attention, but will it be enough to sell enough games as well? Especially considering how easy the games can be pirated.

Btw, I just found out the game is made by the same developers as Chaos Field

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ArchIBaLD said:
Oh for the love of god.. DC is DEAD! face the facts! :evil:
Oh, there are still people claiming MSX is still alive, btw :p

And, Chaos Field wasn't too good... let's hope this is better. Well, Trizeal wasn't that good either :p ...Border Down was the last one that I really liked, tbh (makes sense, since G-Rev is ex-Taito, and I liked the "Ray" series a lot, which was by the same people).

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
All systems are alive as long as you can buy used consoles...
Dead would mean no consoles, new or used...

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Samor said:
The Dreamcast refuses to die in 2006, as another shmup, called "Radilgy", will be released for it on February 26, 2006 (which also happens to be my birthday, how funky is that?)

source: http://www.insertcredit.com

With a bit of luck, maybe it will still outlive the PS2 and Xbox ;)
Well, it would be more funky if you actually got your hands on the game and understood what the hell is going on in japanese :) I can understand all the fuss about a new DC game, but I fail to see the point if the game isn't going to be translated , let alone be available to EU/NA.

Yours,
-E

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Hmmm, I posted a used Dreamcast priced under $30 would be a good buy, and it was deleted? What rule did I break saying a used Dreamcast is worth $30? IMSHO,,,,

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
エッリー said:
Well, it would be more funky if you actually got your hands on the game and understood what the hell is going on in japanese :) I can understand all the fuss about a new DC game, but I fail to see the point if the game isn't going to be translated , let alone be available to EU/NA.

Yours,
-E
Some might import it, however I doubt I will myself. I would have to pay the full price for a game that I would normally buy when it's in the bargain bin. To most DC fans living in the EU it is a mere novelty seeing another game is to be released. I don't think most will buy it, but they might try it :rolleyes:
Playing without understanding what's going on doesn't have to be a bad thing per definition, it depends on how good the gameplay is.

It's just like in my younger days when playing Zelda on NES or Gameboy, except this time I can't ask my mome to translate something crucial for me to know :heh:

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
エッリー said:

Yours,
-E
well, it's a shootemup (no jap. skills required), and it's easy to order from lik-sang - however, the last 3 or 4 dc shmups were all quite mediocre.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Let me make use of this thread to announce another game :)

GOATDan said:
Cool Herders is coming very quickly, and it is time to act now if you want to start tending to your flock immediately! The official release date will be 12/15/05. This means that if you order it, you can get it in time for the holidays!

Secondly, if you pre-order the game up until 12/15/05, we are offering a special poster. This poster is offered from the GOAT Store web site *only*, and *only* if you pre-order the game.

This is what the front side of the poster looks like:

We will be doing special promotions for the last three games that we did also with posters like this, as well as continuing the promotion in the future. The next game that will get an actual poster will be Maqiupai, probably starting in January, so make sure to watch for that!

For all of you that have already preordered, thank you very much for your support! We'll be having many more Dreamcast announcements on the GOAT Store Publishing site at http://www.goatstore.com/publishing/ in the future!

Cool Herders is the fourth independant Dreamcast release since the Dreamcast was officially discontinued by Sega. It was programmed using the KallistiOS development kit, and is officially pressed and published by GOAT Store Publishing. Other than the GOAT Store, LLC, Cool Herders will also be carried by Lik-Sang ( http://www.lik-sang.com/ ), Good Deal Games ( http://www.gooddealgames.com/ ) and many other online vendors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.