Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Oh honestly square enix, what next taking down fan translations of old snes games...... the greed of this companany is unquenchable.

i also just loved the way they waited untill it was 98% complete pure genious on square enix's part, *sarcastic claping*

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
It was going to be released in 2 weeks. I have the feeling it just may get leaked.
Yeah, I was going to say. Just leak it on the internet, and release these types of things anonymously. What's Square going to do? Go after your internet pseudo name?

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Well it may never be leaked, Square could threaten to press forward with charges against the dev crew if it is leaked.

I'm sure square could threaten to hit them with some contrived charge.

Edit: yeah thought so
From Squares Cease and Desist threat:
If any of these unlawful products are ever distributed, or if you fail to remove all infringing material immediately, then we will have no choice but to turn this matter over to our litigation counsel and appropriate authorities.

Please contact us by May 13th to confirm you have complied with all of our demands.

Sincerely,

Satan [typo sorry -PCXL] Square Enix legal Department

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
yeh ive seen it around. shame though they stoped the full game, also if you want the demo get it now.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
i didnt think there was another demo, Spyhop what demo do you have?

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
The only problem is that Square has to actually win in court. An important difference between a threat and a consequence. And quite frankly, I don't see how they'd win against fan-made things which have no intent on making money from making it.

Considering how hard it is for the big companies to stop blatant piracy, I don't see how they'd win against modifications.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
The only problem is that Square has to actually win in court. An important difference between a threat and a consequence. And quite frankly, I don't see how they'd win against fan-made things which have no intent on making money from making it.
Because in order to make said fan-made project, some amount of reverse-engineering of the ROM was required, which is illegal.

i didnt think there was another demo, Spyhop what demo do you have?
Dunno. Didn't get it yet. Still at work.

·
Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
It's funny how ignorant S-E is being on the Chrono series.

You'd think they realize with all these great fan works that people want another game...preferably a Trigger sequel? I'd love to see what happened in between Trigger and Cross.

It'd be no different with Kingdom Hearts CoM.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Because in order to make said fan-made project, some amount of reverse-engineering of the ROM was required, which is illegal.
And what was the damaged caused? Lost profits by Square? No. Profits made by the people modding? No.
Here's their penalty: all profits made by their project go to Square. There. That's settled.

Uploading illegally is well, illegal too. And that's hard to prove, and actually has a more justifiable profit losses.

·
ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Ok from when they started to be "Square-Enix" they just started to be a fail company that was my opinion until now, i can say that now i really can say there one of the most f... up company's on the face of the earth i mean come on, to lower yourself for a snes game ? oO wt... is wrong with them, or in there heads, no wonder the key members left they couldnt stand being around idiots anymore.

PS: this was one of the stupidest things i saw a gaming company do, if i would have been in there place, i would have given those guys a prize not a warning...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.