Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since about 20 minutes now, the forum is very slow...
ie S saying that the applet has started but....
It stuck like that and i m forced to put the refresh button at least 3 or 4times to see results...Otherwise i suck like that for minutes...

I think it can t be my connection (DSL) cuz' it worked pretty well until then and all the other website are ok....

Thx

Oh and don t say me to go away from this site or just wait a little more (i know one person could say that here..)

Bye

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, i guess it s my system after all....
I tried to disconnect myself from the net, and it was the first time i see that an error occured in win2k
that was sayng:

Driver irq least or more

Or smthg like that.
BTW, i think i ll uninstall all of my internet settings...(modem, and all)

But, i haave a question: If i do that. Does the registry will be removed (especially the tcp/ip one)?
I hope so.
And if it doesn t .
How can i delete it and reinstall it???

Thx

·
Registered
513 Posts
>Does the registry will be removed (especially the tcp/ip one)?
Removing your network adapters and your connection settings won't remove your entire registry, it will, however, remove the keys that were established when you set up the hardware and established your settings. Removing the hardware from Device Manager and rebooting will result in Windows redetecting the interface (assuming it's P&P) which will subsequently recreate the values in your registry.

>Driver irq least or more
"IRQ Not Less Than Or Equal To"? This error can be caused by several things. If you don't often see it (and I'm assuming you haven't, since you said it's the first error of the type you've seen), it's more than likely the result of either a corrupt driver or (as is usually the case) some wildly malfunctioning program that even Win2k's kernel couldn't control. It can, however, be caused by a deeper problem: IRQ conflicts. While normally Windows can handle them and make everyone play nice, a few cards and some drivers aren't so amicable. The one that instantly springs to mind is the SB Live. Though a solid card, it throws an absolute fit if it's not installed correctly. If the error persists, I'd suggest rebooting your computer and taking a look at the system information that you see (you know, it'll have the name of your BIOS manu. above a table that lists information about your proc and such). Down below you should see a listing of everything you have installed on your motherboard, it'll most likely have things labeled
"Multimedia Controller (some values) 5"
"Mass Storage Controller (values) 10"
or thereabout. The last value is the IRQ. If you see any conflicts (that is, two different pieces of hardware with the same number) you can either physically move the card to another slot, redefine its IRQ in your BIOS (in the case of COM ports and such) or, if need be, manually assign an IRQ to each PCI slot (it's usually labeled something like "Force IRQ Slot x: n") I'd suggest moving the cards phyisically though, should the need arise, as it tends to work a bit better than forcing an IRQ.

>How can i delete it and reinstall it???
The registry? In Win2k the registry exists in multiple files known as the "hive." Though there are ways to delete all the files that comprise it and allow them to be rebuilt, I wouldn't recommend it, as doing a reinstall of Win2k is a good deal easier. Of course, you'd need to reinstall your apps and such, if that were the case...

Anywho, if removing your networking info and reinstalling it results in your error disappearing, don't worry about it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ut seemed that the reinstalling of win2k had succesfully solved the problem. No more things like that.
I must admit that it was my fault:

Since i know that win2k is optimized for broadband connection,
I ve just customized the registry (www.speedup.net that was there)
it seemed that, even by restoring the defaults settings, i wasn t be able to solve it.
whatever, it s solved now.
Thx again, u provided me so much help for everything.

BTW, Win 2k isn t experiencing freezes anymore (since i put my fsb to 100mhz...I think that s the fault of that nasty stick after all)
The only problem is that my p3 is at 550 mhz now, but it s prtty normal.
I just can t do something about it until upgrade (money heh) comes to me.

Sawasdee

K

·
0 Posts
I had some bad RAM that gave me the same problems and error code. My system would either freeze or reboot all the time. I tried like you did to reinstall Win2k but it wouldn't copy the files during the setup and once in awhile it gave me errors .... so to make a long story short .. I checked out Microsofts troubleshooting tips and one of the options was to check and see if the ram is bad. I replaced it and it hasn't had a problem since ... and that was awhile ago.

But anyways i was just posting to let you know that you may experience slowdowns or errors when viewing these pages ... that is just the internet. Network connection .. bandwidth ... networks themselves experience ups and downs .. slowdoiwns .. heavy loads on the system resources ... there is a lot that goes into it. All you can do is either come back later when it is running better or just stay and try and deal with the slowdowns and everything else. As of right now there isn't much we can do to improve the situation. Sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts