Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wich anime made u cry the most? Aren't u ashamed to admit it? So do it here!

Today I saw the end of I, My, Me: Strawberry Eggs. I just cried my eyes out! :cry: This one is now my favorite anime. Its short, but its really great!

Other animes that made me cry: Inuyasha movie 1 and 2 (I didn't cried on the third movie!), Love Hina Again (please don't laugh at me! I really cried at the end!), Midori no Hibi, Full Metal Achemist (some episodes, specially the third one) and Mononoke Hime.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only anime which makes feel me sad was the end of Chrno Crusade. It's a really sad ending :(.

·
aka. "Kr0nic_2000"
2,165 Posts
Naruto: Haku and Zabuza dying at the end of the first season T.T~

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I don't watch anime :p

But I've almost cried in the end of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn, when Spock dies :cry:

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Some parts of Ogenai Sensei/Please Teacher made me cry. The ending of the first season of Magic Knight Rayearth almost made me cry. I almost cried too when Julia died in Cowboy Bebop.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Naruto ep80 or something, after Hokage died. I didn't really cry, as I was trying to hold it back. I would've cried if I wasn't. And I think I nearly cried at the end of Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai. Knowing myself, I should've cried while watching Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien too, but I didn't o_O I think I'll have to watch it once more ^^'

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
psicomaniaco said:
Almost???? Meh, I cried like a hungry baby! :cry:
:lol:
I had to hold it back :p

But I've to admit that I softened over the years. These days some books leave me with tears in my eyes. LotR made me feel like this when I read it for the 2nd time. I wonder whether this is a good or bad thing :rolleyes:

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Well, I've never ever cried while watching a TV show... however i do have felt the feeling (or eyes wetty at most) with:

Hmm... the 2nd and last chapter of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien... hmm... also with Saikano where:

Akemi dies

Hmm... also where I was younger in almost every chapter of Remi... what else... oh yeah in Naruto as well when Zabuza starts crying, even badasses have feelings I guess :p

Now about tears of joy... it wasnt with an anime but with a movie, Matrix Revolutions, Agent Smith speech with Mr Anderson... I have never heard such a beatiful portrayal of my own phylosophy :D...

I guess that's about it.

Oh yeah, with books I've cried more than with TV shows... though the only ones that pop to my mind right now is Ivan Strogoff (I hope I spelt it right) by Jules Verne... or (yeah you can laugh at me) when Sherlock Holmes died :( ... also for some odd, morbid reason the fall of the House of Usher moved me to tears as well :p (Poe has always managed to move me in the oddest conceivable ways :lol:)

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think crying is like letting your anger out. After I've cried, I feel kinda relieved and calm (that's the best explanation I can come up with). After I've let my anger out, I feel more calm than usual. I can't explain it too well, but I think it's nearly the same feelings afterwards. So I think it's kinda related in a way. (omg, this was a crappy explanation)

·
7,168 Posts
Yeah, that's known as catharsis, defined by Aristotle. In short, you can say it is the liberation of the inner self through a strong emotional expresion. This can be, crying till you drop asleep, shouting and crying till your troat hurts, etc.

More info about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharsis

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, I almost forgot 'bout the anime that made cry the most... Saint Seiya - Hades Saga. When...
the goddess Athena killed herself, I even felt a pain in my heart... the expression on Saga's face is unforgetable...

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Full metal alchemist, ep25..
The way Hughes's daughter calls her father as his coffin gets buried in the grave was so sad..
Otherwise, this series keeps freaking me out than making me sad :p

Yours,
-Elly

·
7,168 Posts
Well... that part just made me a little sad.... I guess... I felt a little sadder when
episode 48
Ed acknowledged that Wrath, an homunculus, had been much more human when portraying his emotions towards Sloth death

But it didnt make me cry either way :p

·
Registered
669 Posts
Proto said:
...shouting and crying till your troat hurts, etc.
So... I sometimes get this bad feeling in my throat when I'm near crying. If I got this right, that's called "catharsis"? Heh, seems like there are words for everything ^^

·
7,168 Posts
Nonono, catharsis is the liberation from angish and sufferment by expressing it in some way, usually drastic, like the examples I exposed. For example when you are way too angry and you start hitting things... and you usually feel better afterwards. Well that's an example of catharsis :p

1 - 20 of 48 Posts