Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, I'm in pain, in sad pain. :cry:

If you're an anime fan and if you use eMule you will be sadden to know that AniDB and the Anime Reactor Forums are dead.

Their ISP server decided to pull the plug from them:

AnimeReactor News
21-Oct-2004 Aruba.it is teh sukc

On May 12th, the AnimeReactor crew put in a notice to the host of our original domain, animereactor.net , and told them we wished to use another hoster, and to transfer the domain from them to another ICANN affiliated hosting company. We did this because the services we had signed up for were NOT being provided, even though we had paid extra for them (MySQL DB and some stats). Aruba.it insisted that the services were in operation. Our first call in to their tech support about this was very early in January, or late December, when we had tried to release something, and our release page wouldn't work. They had been assuring us for many months that the services worked fine, but we could not get the services to work, and always had "MySQL connection failed, no database at location or user / password incorrect"... even after copy/pasting the login/pass combo they had emailed us. They never returned emails or phone calls asking why the services *had* worked, and then shut off one day. Months went by. More emails and phone calls. No response other than "we don't speak English". So we had persons from Italy call... they speak Italian! After they called and got ahold of the tech support, kudo's to the 2 hour wait time they had to endure, and told them the account in question, suddenly the techs could no longer speak Italian, and hung up. They let our domain expire, and would not contact tucows (their domain holder) and unlock the domain, so it could be transferred. Contact was made with tucows, and we were told that Aruba.it needed to contact them to have them change it. Aruba.it did NOT contact them, even after sending multiple emails and more calls to them to have them change this. Tucows unlocked the domain after the 60 day waiting period after a domain name expires, and allowed another company to purchase our domain, even after all the transfer paperwork had been filled out and sitting at our new hosters desk. Our hoster couldn't do anything more without the unlocked domain.

So I say unto you, if you use Aruba.it as a host or any of it's services, I suggest you switch and transfer away your services to another provider... if you can! I recommend starting this process at least 90 days from domain expiration, as they are unbelievably slow on tech support, and usually take 24 - 48 hours to see your request for service.

AnimeReactor Crew
Luckily their Anime Reactor server and IRC channel are still alive, so not all is lost.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Uhh... I just checked AniDB and the forums and they both work fine. I could only acess animereactor.com using it's IP address though...

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
__Xzyx987X said:
Uhh... I just checked AniDB and the forums and they both work fine. I could only acess animereactor.com using it's IP address though...
It's alive! It's a miracle! It was down a few days ago. Now it's back and everything is there. I'm so happy! :)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well another site I use to aquite anime went down recently too...

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
Well another site I use to aquite anime went down recently too...
*cough* There are alternatives ;) *cough* ;P

Yours,
-Elly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts