Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I know, there's no 3DS emulator available yet. What I didn't found are the obstacles to doing it.
Are there interested (and qualified) people on it?
Is the hardware too complex to do it? Is it possible?
Is possible to dump the cartridge's roms?

This kind of info would be great in a sticky (Yes, I'm an one-post user requesting a sticky. This can help to inform people who only register to ask that repetitive and avoid pointless users).

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
You know how many DS games required decrypting to run on early emulators and flash cards.

Thats basically the first problem, the 3DS carts can use 4096bit RSA, 2048bit RSA and 480bit ECDSA

Take note of how basically ZERO DSIware and DSI games are working in DSI mode.

Then theres the revese engineering of the hardware itself, Now the DS is already heavy to emulate, so emulating an even faster cpu and a new dedicated gpu is going to be even heavier.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Sad to hear, when the 2DS was released it was giving me hope for a emulator.
like we stated before the 3D was not the problem as it could always be turned off anyways.... The major issue understanding the hardware and breaking the encryption hence why I said BS to any word of a 3DS emulator even if it can run homebrew, it wont really matter as it wont run the retail as it can not beat the encyption...\

Oh sure the 3DS has a flash cart to play copied games on 3DS but it isn't bypassing encryption, it just uses an exploit and no it won't mean emulator as it still has the encryption in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts