Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I think we have a small defination problem with "World War" here ... a world war is a war including many, many nations ... it's the complete world against one minority in this case though.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
And so it begins... the Americians and british just bombed Afagistan
Isn't it Afghanistan?:D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Lets pray most bombings are on target and there are minimum civilain casualities.Lets hope truth and freedom will prevail and terrorism is rooted out not only from afghanistan but whole world.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Well I hope America is very proud of it self. Think about it. President Bush said that we are friends with the Afghans, our only enemys are the Taliban and obviously Bin Laden.So why the hell our e bombing them?! Wer should just airdrop some troops to clear eveyone out if we don't want to hurt the Afghans.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by Bobbi
I think we have a small defination problem with "World War" here ... a world war is a war including many, many nations ... it's the complete world against one minority in this case though.
hehe...well it's a question of definition, I guess.
I think a world war is a war where the whole world participates. And even if all nations are on one side and one on the other, I still think you could call it a WW .
To call the Taliban or the group around Osama a nation might be a strange point of view, though...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Webster Definition:
Entry: World War
Function: noun
: a war engaged in by all or most of the principal nations of the world;
That might help :)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
No this ain't WW3 , cause the dimension ain't that big YET !! " THE END WILL COME BY ATOMS " (Nuclear bomb)

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
So we should've sent ground troops in and deal with all the missles, airships, and other military installations that the Taliban is using?? I don't think so.. The air strikes are to lessen the military adeptness of the Taliban so that when we DO send in ground troops, there won't be such a huge threat to our soldiers.. The US military is TRYING to just destroy military targets of the Taliban and bases for LAden, not just bombing Afghanistan..

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Well, I hope they do the right thing and kill the right people, not the innocent Afghans, who are playing hosts to these merciless parasites.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
"I know not with which weapons World War III will be fought, but I know that World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

1 - 13 of 13 Posts