Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I configured my 10$ Game Pad and it works just fine, but the Analog sticks refuses to work. This is how my configuration looks like:

Everything but Analog Sticks works perfect. Have I done something wrong? I tried pressing F5 in game (Crash Bash is the only one I tried the Game Pad on so far) but nothing helps.
Help is very much appreciated, Tom.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Yes, it has this button like the original PS1 Game Pad. The strange thing is, that when it is turned on, nothing works - not the arrows or the other keys on the controller (including Analogs), But when it is off - all of the buttons (again, except Analogs) are working.
(All of this when the Analogs are off, by pressing F5 in game. All other options (On in red and On in green) don't work either.)

2. Another question, anyone here tried Crash 2 or Crash 3 games on ePSXe with a Game Pad? Because neither is working with mine, and the config is just like Crash Bash's - which is working fine (except Analogs, damnit! :D ).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Enable Analogue on the PSX control replica, and reassign the controls in the input screen.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Does the game actually support analog? (I have never played that game)

From the screenshot, it seems you were able to assign the left analog but not the right one, so it should work anyway (at least the left one). Try using "DualShock" instead of "DualAnalog".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the game supports Analog, I played with it with my old PS1 (Which is dead -_- ).
There's this other strange thing:
I can play Crash Bash on ePSXe without Analogs, but cannot play Crash 2 or 3 on it, non of the keys will work, even when I disable the Game Pad and try to use keyboard.
So I downloaded pSX, another PSX emu, and with pSX I can play Crash 2 or 3, both with Analogs, but Crash Bash will not respond at all, just like Crash 2 and 3 did on ePSXe!
Isn't that odd? :|

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try different versions. For now I am playing with pSX for Crash 2 and 3 and for Crash Bash I am using ePSXe.
1. Another question, why my computer does not recognize any of my retail Playstation 1 CDs? I put the CD into my DVD-ROM and it isn't reading it. It shows like the DVD-ROM is empty :|
Can you tell me why?

2. One more - Tekken 3 is not working on neither of the emulators - ePSXe / pSX. The game loads, but non of the keys (game pad / keyboard) responds. Is it a known issue with Tekken 3?

Thank you all in advance.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
1) Some PSX disks may show as empty for the way they're made/protected, that doesn't mean were not readed properly. If you want to know, just start the emulation from the CD and find it out. (or, start Alcohol or whatever program and check if you can make an image out of it, then it was readed properly)

2) Tekken 3 works perfectly for me since ePSXe v1.5.2

Maybe that same issue with the controls you have on Tekken3 is the same of the other games, a quite odd issue. Try removing your controller(s) and re-configurate it for keyboard.

Also, do you have any software that comes with the keyboard for extra "features" ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.