Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what's going on:

1. Using generic PS1/2--->USB adapter, but also tested with some other dual analog controller I had laying around.

2. Windows recognizes both adapter and controller. Adapter shows both sticks and the analog switch cause the d-pad to become a POV hat. All the buttons work, and the analog sticks show a wide range of motion, not just 8 directions.

3. ePSXe recognizes sticks and buttons on gamepad configuration screen.

4. Buttons work fine, but analog sticks do not during games.

5. F5 does nothing. Ever. All that happens is the little digital controller icon pops up. That's it.

Any ideas?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what is displayed in the upper right hand corner of the pad config menu?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
right but what mode is the drop menu set to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
right but what mode is the drop menu set to?
Ah, I did try changing that, but it didn't seem to ever effect anythung. I'll give it another shot, though.

Ok, I got the sticks to work. My problem seemed to be that I was using ePSXeCutor. When I ran a game from there, the analog sticks wouldn't work. When I ran it from ePSXe directly, however, they did work.

So now the question is about how ePSXecutor works: when I change the settings from that, do they automatically change when I run ePSXe directly? It seemed to be running with all my graphical settings, but I may have to try it again to make sure.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts