Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month or two ago I purchased an R4 for my NDS. I downloaded the kernel and what not and everything was working great. Then, just a few days ago, I lost the ability to save anything. My games tell me that I have saved, but when I go to play them again, they are always at the same spot.
Also, when I try to add or remove something from the micro SD card, it looks like everything went according to plan, but when I plug it into my DS, the new files aren't there! And the old files that I deleted ARE there! When I plug it back into my computer, the files I added aren't there, and the files that I deleted are! Also, the files I delete do not go to my recycle bin.

So basically I am stuck not being able to change anything at all on my R4s memory card. It's completely frozen.

Can anyone help me?

· Registered
645 Posts
You could try backing up your games and save files, And format your Micro sd card and start it from scratch!

It may work

The best thing to do is to put your files onto your card and ownly place one folder saying games not game, place your .nds games into that folder and your .sav file in the same folder.

Try a full format in fat or fat32

If not try cleaning your memcard pins with a dry clof, Is you pins clean or ruged?, If it's clean then its a original card, If its ruged then it mabe a fake

· Registered
1,627 Posts
fake is a fake, it may work for 2 years (like a fake mem stick pro i got before) or it may just work for 2 days... its fake meaning shoddy workmanship but i guess you knew that when you realised that you chose to get the cheaper product, if you didnt know that, well now you know

· Registered
645 Posts
It might solve your problem with your microSD card use HP Drive Key Boot Utility

AnandTech - How to Un-partition a SD Card

Down't forget a R4 can handle no bigger then 2gb memcard, Its possable you may have partition your SD memcard, I had a problem with a mobile and HP Drive Key Boot Utility was very use-full

Like i sed if your pins on the R4 cart are very smove just like a real game cart then it's real.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Moved to the correct place now.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks

i dont know why people get so pissed, im obviously new.

so anyways, what were you saying about the pins? do you mean the plastic pins, or the metallic flat ones underneath the plastic ones?

· Registered
645 Posts
Congurtlatoins, Its an orignal!, Also it should have a screw in the back, Copys down't!

I have just bought a DS today and testing my own R4, With themes and mp3 music, Works greate, Try movies later!, My own patched final fantasy echos of time works brill!

Did you manage to format your card?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.