Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Tokimemo fans in this forum still alive and kicking? You might be interested in this:

Tokimeki Memorial Online is Konami's latest incarnation of their famous Renai game, except that they've thrown in online multiplayer to the mix. Basically it plays like an MMORPG, except that it's in the usual highschool environment as is typical of Renai games, and instead of the quests and combat in a typical MMORPG, the main activity here is Dating. It also seems that instead of dating AI characters like Shiori Fujisaki, you'll be dating OTHER PLAYERS (hence players can be male or female and are fully customizable - first screenshot is the character design utility, featuring a Shiori Fujisaki lookalike; this link has an in-game movie featuring the character design utility http://www.tokimemo-online.konami.jp/movie/tokimemo-online_movie.html).

What scares me about this is that some gamers might take this game to extreme levels and actually use this as a kind of Online Dating Service (i.e. to look for real life romance partners - in short, instead of dating the target players' characters, they'll actually go after the real players themselves).

Word is that this will be released for Windows Platforms (considering the online features like the chatroom style communications).

Your thoughts about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,307 Posts
No good can come from this. Lonely boys playing a game looking to simulate dates with females that will undoubtedly be played mostly by other lonely boys will find quite the trauma when they discover that she's a he.
 

·
space trader
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
...the sheer evilness of this project scares me beyond measure...

The wheels of fate have been set in motion, and slowly but steadily, everything seems to fall into place ... :evil:

...so heed this warning and RUN, while you still can...
...RUN, for your LIVES !!! :evil:
 

·
band
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
lol...i have a feeling that the plan will be fully manifested here.

that said, the cuteness of this game is insane. but the concepts are kinda weird...like...wut kinda test can there be???
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
Ryos said:
No good can come from this. Lonely boys playing a game looking to simulate dates with females that will undoubtedly be played mostly by other lonely boys will find quite the trauma when they discover that she's a he.
Doesn't that happen already in WoW and EQ2? I know it happens for sure in EQ2... :p

sights said:
...so heed this warning and RUN, while you still can...
...RUN, for your LIVES !!! :evil:
Be afraid.. be very afraid... The Lord of Darkness' will is finally begining to manifest in this world... :evil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,303 Posts
This will have worse repercussions than FFXI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,307 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Doesn't that happen already in WoW and EQ2? I know it happens for sure in EQ2... :p
Yes, but at least the POINT of WoW and EQ2 isn't to uh date the characters. You come to expect a lot of female characters to be played by males in MMOs...which will remain the same here. So that uh female you're trying to date is uh not a female.
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
Ryos said:
Yes, but at least the POINT of WoW and EQ2 isn't to uh date the characters. You come to expect a lot of female characters to be played by males in MMOs...which will remain the same here. So that uh female you're trying to date is uh not a female.
It isn't, that doesn't mean that people actually don't try to do it... many are the suckers who don't understand that are roleplaying and end up thinking of an rp fling as a real one. That being said, you never see males going after female dwarvens or orcish, they only target elvens and humans... wonder why? :p
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
It would be better to actually not reply, but to just report the post. It's a bot anyway, which is about to be banned. That way, when a staff member deletes the post, the thread should go back to the catacombs of the forums, based on the last post date. There'd be no need to close it either.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top