Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(It's probably been done, but I can't see it so I'm stickin' it up :p)

Exportable and importable config files for ePSXe. Give them an extension (.epe, .psx, whatever) and make ePSXe associate them to itself on first startup. Then you simply check a menu option to generate a .epe file with all your configs in it. And then you can click on .epe files on the internet, and it'll download em and set up ePSXe automatically (with just a small amount of intelligence required on the program's part, i.e warn if plugins are missing and use previous, and 'sniff' out available desktop resolutions and never allow it to set above, autoadjust down as appropriate) :D

That'd be great I reckon, then you could store the configurations with the reports on that fanatics site :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Sounds better on paper than in practise I dare say. Since your configurations are severely dependent upon your system the number of posts on the board here would rise exponentially with people asking why this or that configuration didn't work as they can't figure it out for themselves.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Your right. It has been done. Its called epsxecutor.:D You can run this program and create custom settings for each game you own and them export them to reg files. You can d/l some from petes own site. Howevr the reasons that gerbilcannon mentioned has led to the fact that this isn't really very popular.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmph..
are there any memcard managers for epsxe memcards?..
if there aren't any, making one could be a neat idea too...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I hope that epsexecutor can rename memcard ,(in memcard section)..

well.. ,it's hard to determine which card suppose to used (for selected game);)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts