Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get this error:

What all does this mean and what do i do?

·
Registered
793 Posts
i dont know much about computers, so i dont know much on all this computer babble, all i can say for you are the following:
have you tried deleting and reinstaliing epsxe?
have you tried to reinstall direct-x?
if this dont work, then you may need to reinstall windows.
But dont do that yet untill someone more knolegelable than me tell you instead.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh, some advice ;)
Well epsxe works fine, but i get that message. Odd...:confused:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Actually its one of the older cdr plugins (ie TSG MSCDEX) that causes this error, even if it isn't selected (which is bizare). Installing Forceaspi is the best way to fix this prob as a lack of an aspi layer causes other glitches as well. However you could also delete the offending plugin (if you aren't intending to use it that is).

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Actually its one of the older cdr plugins (ie TSG MSCDEX) that causes this error, even if it isn't selected (which is bizare). Installing Forceaspi is the best way to fix this prob as a lack of an aspi layer causes other glitches as well. However you could also delete the offending plugin (if you aren't intending to use it that is).
I thought the tsg mscdex cd rom pluggin causes a "thunk connection failed" error.. Never seen that error with it.. Anyways, the thunk connection failed error can be fixed by copying these two files from the pluggin folder into the main epsxe directory..

subTsgMSCD16.dll
subTsgMSCD32.dll

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I got this error on my older K6 2 (Win2K). ForceASPI fixed it. But I recall someone else mentioning the fact that it was linked to this plugin. Sure enough my athlon (WinXP) never had this prob and it doesn't have this plugin. Hence I assume that whoever posted that is correct. I'm therefore assuming its the same error only it has a different wording on the nt kernel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could this be responsible for [pec] joker commands not working properly? (Slim chance, but I've exhausted most possibilities here.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts