Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was ready to faint when I read this. There's got to be a higher power at work here!

I'm actually being considered to be part of the development team for Halo! This isn't a guarantee I'll have this job, but it's a start. Funny thing though, this was the last job posting I thought I'd ever get considered for, let alone even a response. I guess I had a really strong cover letter (I didn't lie, but just bragged a bit and made some really bold claims and sort of "challenged" the skills of Microsoft's current development team). Keep me in your prayers, I going to need 'em.

EDIT: Got another email. It's looking pretty good IMO :)

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Awesome awesome awesome. Full steam ahead, and don't let anyting jeopardize your chance of getting on the team.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Spyhop: That's the plan. Btw, please don't ruin my moment, because I know how much you hate this game :)

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
i hate the game too. get them to port it to pc maybe? lol.

good luck blueshogun. i really need a job too.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
just out of random interest what other projects have you worked on?

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
woah thats awesome blueshogun96.

i'm curious though, did you mention your emulation projects on your resume?
or do you keep that private?

and good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
just out of random interest what other projects have you worked on?
Various game related projects and demos. I've also written a fix for Aliens versus Predator. Right now I'm focusing all of my attention on a game featuring Homer Simpson shooting hordes of zombies. I can't say it will match up to Resident Evil, but at least the sound effects are funny :)

@makotech222: Sorry, but I much prefer it as a console game. I'm sure they will release it for the PC, but probably not yet.

@Spyhop: Would you like Halo any more if it were like what it was originally intended to be (i.e. RTS, 3rd Person Shooter, with the original but removed content, etc)? It's amazing how one person can ruin such a great game. The project lead was called "a crack head" by the original devs, and is no longer there (afaik he got fired years ago).

i'm curious though, did you mention your emulation projects on your resume?
or do you keep that private?
I was going to remove the Cxbx details, but I forgot.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Hi Brandon, Knife to meet you:D

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Good luck, blueshogun. Hope you get the job.

(what's with the response, though? It looks like it could use some grammar check or something)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I hope you get the job and wish you the best. I'm praying for success for you...

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I don't wanna be a pessimist (nor ruin the moment) but the only thing thing that comes to mind when reading that email is "Don't count your chicken until there hatched" expression, the entire subject there is that they would like some clarification on the resume (though that does mean they have some interest), but it never was specified they would want to go hire you just that there are some clarifications they would want. Still don't get me wrong that email is a good step so good luck with getting the job :thumb:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.