Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so not the reaction I'd hope for....

I figured I'd try just to see what would happen, yadda yadda.... Figured if blueshogun can do it, so can I :D well not really, but yeah couldn't resist the LULz...

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
potentially illegal emulators?

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Emulators are not illegal (if created in original code), Nintendo just likes to believe so.....

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
dude did you use blushogun's name and info for your fake job applications?

that's not cool man, that's identity theft.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dude did you use blushogun's name and info for your fake job applications?

that's not cool man, that's identity theft.
Uhhhhhhh... no.

That is my real name...

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its cool, easily mistaken.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If blueshogun96 can do it so can I, no?

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, whoever has authority feel free to bin this baby up... I have no rejection of the idea...

and BigIg, I suggest you copy and paste: "Βanned" into your title to display it properly

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
email back that ****** and tell him to prove emulators are illegal, or STFU.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
not to side with 'the man' but he never said emu's were illegal, he said they're "potentially illegal".

he also mentioned it could be a risk for nintendo to hire someone associated with emulation.
he's not completely wrong with the idea; as someone associated with emus might leak secret info in order to help the emulation community.

the sad truth about being associated with emulation or being an emu author is that if you want a game-dev job, you probably have to hide that information; if not you might get responses like the above email.

so not only do you not get paid for working on emus, it also can make it harder to find jobs.
of course, you can always be lucky and your bosses won't care.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cottonvibes, what you say is true....

Although the only companies who generally have public awareness that emulators are within a "gray" area are those of which want to feel threatened by it...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Emulation is not illegal! :D

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
not to side with 'the man' but he never said emu's were illegal, he said they're "potentially illegal".
I call bull... something either is or is NOT illegal. It isn't "potentially" illegal... :evil:

Writing an emulator is NOT illegal...

Including a BIOS/Other data protected by Copyright is, but the creation and release of an emulator is NOT unless there is data under copyright included with it...

As far as supplying info to others outside of the organization, that is guilty until proven innocent. I don't think it's correct to assume an emulation author would leak a company's information...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
No offence but nintendo wouldnt want anyone from the emulation comunity working with them for the reasons stated above, and are probably looking for any excuse to get rid of you.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.